• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blemain finance

Hi All

I see there is a lot of threads relating to Blemain, I'll keep this short:

I took a loan out with Blemain in Sep 2006, Via Ocean finance for £18,000 secured against our house. We did have a period of 2 years where we had payment problems and attended court on 2 occasions and successfully fought off eviction. On both occasions we agreed to over pay to clear the arrears and did.

All Blemain wanted was our house, which they never got. We had dealings with Monarch Recoveries and Cantor Law during the 2 year period.

There is only 1 year left on the loan and we have paid over £30,000 but last week Blemain confirmed the settlement figure is approx £19,000 They say its unpaid charges and interest ?

I have a passionate hatred of Blemain, and everything to do with them.

Any advise to where i should start to on questioning Blemain and challenge them over the charges.

Our financial situation is now stable and payments are made on time.

P.S Have Blemain customers ever clubbed together to fight them in the courts ?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Blemain finance

The notorious Blemain Finance new name "Together finance" because they want" to-get-their" dirty hands on your property.
    You mentioned you have had dealings and no doubt charges from monarch recoveries well this is a in-house company that was set up disguised as a separate company to load your account up with charges look here, https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...IMITED/summary it shows zero cash and zero assets (tax man may be interested) same address no employees its a sham business any charges and interest on the charges are recoverable. and is partly the reason their sister company and top dog Henry Moser were fined over a million pounds for unfair practices and why they are so ashamed of there name and bad reputation they have changed their trading name

Comment

just a thought seeing as monarch recoveries has no employees if you have had charges from them, take out a ccj against them and if anyone tries to defend it ask them to prove their position within the company and prove the charges and prove it is not a bogus company. The accounts show that Monarch have no money or assets so how can they pay without money laundering ? oh and by the way cantor law are in house solicitors run by Adam Coleman (part of the family ) they will deny this but just check the address.

Comment

Thanks Suffering, I now know Monarch or Cantor Law were in someway linked to Blemain, but at the time i was unaware of this. Im unsure whether to fight them myself or throw some money at it and get a solicitor involved, i could do some of the prep work but either way it would be expensive. They still have a court order in place, that if i fail to pay they can enforce possession without going back to court, i've just never got round to having it set aside. The trouble is with Blemain there is so many things that you could question with them, its where do you start, and unless you take them to court they will just brush you off.

Comment

The starting point is a SAR also make it clear that you want a full and clear financial statement with all costs, fees and interest

Comment

Any updates? I'm in a similar position. I'm in my last year, and the balance did not add up when checking my statement. So hold and behold, and have £2.5k in fees/charges. Even without the fees/charges the balance does not add up to 12months payment left!

Comment

They pile on charges and fees knowing that most people will not challenge them but it is a known fact that many people have had huge amounts knocked off because they are afread of a court ruling opening the doors to a mass rebate

Comment

I took an interest only loan in 2007, I struggled and managed to make payments after them having me up for repossession on four occasions I have requested a settlement fee and the figure is £30000 greater than the amount on the credit agreement. I received a call from a company in October telling me that the Cheshire group were in court due to how they treat there costumer unfairly and various other dealings. I contacted together and told them to give me my credit agreement, final settlement figure, list of all charges and my building insurance charges. I also told them that there attitude towards me as a Customer had changed dramatically since the name change, which highlights the way in which we were treated before was not inline in fas standards, I also asked how much do you charge me for a letter being sent to myself, to which they replied "nothing", so the £35 a time when they were blemain must have been out of order because they would still be chargeing it. All the differences you now note are there failings from before. The court case this claim company mentioned to me back in October I wonder if the Cheshire group lost but they made the other party(s) sign to keep them from letting other party's know because the flood gates would truly open. The way I have been talked to and had them dictate to me how I should spend my money when I was trying my hardest through the worst recession in living history angers me deeply.

Comment

Together Finance formally (and still, the Horrendous Companies ) Blemain / Cheshire Mortgage & Lancashire mortgage Corporation in disguise so beware anybody dealing with them.
                  They are always in court month in month out repossessing properties from families, they were find £1.2 Million pounds by the FSA but i am not aware of a specific case in October so if you could go back to your source of information and find out, it would be most interesting.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X