• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Passed to Collection Agency with No Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Passed to Collection Agency with No Notice

Hi,

A nursery attended by my daughter previously has passed a debt to a collection agency. I hate to use the word debt because we're happy to pay them. The facts:
    - We've been making regular payments
    - We've never had an invoice or letter from them marked as overdue
    - We have a statement from them from 7 days ago (28th September) with a value of £150 outstanding (again not marked as overdue or anything like that)
    - 7 days later we received a call from a Debt Collection Agency (BFL Solutions Ltd) saying the debt had been passed to them

I am really annoyed (biting my tongue with my language here) and want to know if I have any recourse legally with the nursery. The way I see it, this could negatively affect mine and my wife's credit rating. They haven't given us any sort of overdue notice and certainly didn't tell us they would be taking the matter to a third party (solicitor or agency), nor give us any kind of final payment date - both of which I believe are legal requirements.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Bob
    Tags: None

Re: Debt Passed to Collection Agency with No Notice

Debt Collection Agency have no powers, have you approached the Nursery over the matter and come to an agreement to repay etc??? sure others will respond also! but a default down the line could ensue but too early yet, so sort something out with the nursery you do not have to deal with the debt agency, deal with the nursery direct!

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm actually looking to turn the tables. I want to seek compensation from the Nursery for jeopardizing our credit rating. Our bill with them is already settled. They were so unprofessional about this whole thing its unbelievable (people we saw everyday for 3 years)

Comment

Originally posted by bobafett View Post
        Hi,

A nursery attended by my daughter previously has passed a debt to a collection agency. I hate to use the word debt because we're happy to pay them. The facts:
        - We've been making regular payments
        - We've never had an invoice or letter from them marked as overdue
        - We have a statement from them from 7 days ago (28th September) with a value of £150 outstanding (again not marked as overdue or anything like that)
        - 7 days later we received a call from a Debt Collection Agency (BFL Solutions Ltd) saying the debt had been passed to them

I am really annoyed (biting my tongue with my language here) and want to know if I have any recourse legally with the nursery. The way I see it, this could negatively affect mine and my wife's credit rating. They haven't given us any sort of overdue notice and certainly didn't tell us they would be taking the matter to a third party (solicitor or agency), nor give us any kind of final payment date - both of which I believe are legal requirements.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Bob
        Hello Bob, welcome to LB,
        My opinion is that you should ignore BFL go round to the nursery see
        the manager and find out why there has been no notification that there
        was any problem with your payments
        If you agree the debt pay it there and then.
        BFL I seem to remember from a while back were
        pushing their clients into passing them allegedly
        delinquent accounts don't get dragged into dealings
        with BFL.

nem

Comment

O.K. ! try and flag up for you?

Comment

Was payment made before the debt collectors became involved and how did they affect your credit rating

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X