• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can someone please point me right direction to go.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please point me right direction to go.

Hello, I am hoping to get a bit of advice of what action to take with this issue.

I have been hounded by rossendales regarding an old unsecured debt. It was for a car which I only kept for 2 months, couldn't afford the repayments and had to give it back. Welcome finance then decided I still had to pay the interest owed on the loan even tho I gave the car back. I am fairly sure they knew I couldn't afford it at the time, the interview took ages to complete before being offered the finance. This was disputed for some time, I moved house and just forgot about them.

Now, rossendales have told me they bought the debt of Mkdp Llp which used to be welcome finance. The debt defaulted 1/2/2010.

I told them two weeks ago I want to dispute the debt and want proof I owe it. They have put the account on hold and are seeking out information.

I rang them back today for an update, they said they are still waiting. I asked how long do they have, he said as long as it takes. This cant be right surely ?
    Tags: None

Re: Can someone please point me right direction to go.

Hi and welcome
    Originally posted by Northwestcouple View Post
    Hello, I am hoping to get a bit of advice of what action to take with this issue.

I have been hounded by rossendales regarding an old unsecured debt. It was for a car which I only kept for 2 months, couldn't afford the repayments and had to give it back. Welcome finance then decided I still had to pay the interest owed on the loan even tho I gave the car back. I am fairly sure they knew I couldn't afford it at the time, the interview took ages to complete before being offered the finance. This was disputed for some time, I moved house and just forgot about them.

Now, rossendales have told me they bought the debt of Mkdp Llp which used to be welcome finance. The debt defaulted 1/2/2010.

I told them two weeks ago I want to dispute the debt and want proof I owe it. They have put the account on hold and are seeking out information.

I rang them back today for an update, they said they are still waiting. I asked how long do they have, he said as long as it takes. This cant be right surely ?
    The main point is that while the account is on hold they are not hounding you AND, more importantly, provided there were no payments or written acknowledgments of the debt after that date, it will soon be statute barred! :grin: :grin: :grin:

In view of the above, I'd say the longer it takes them to come up with anything, the better! :thumb:

Stop chasing them and let the statute barred clock tick merrily away. :clock:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X