• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial (uk) limited - Unlicensed trading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial (uk) limited - Unlicensed trading?

Sure I've seen ones with the other authorised ones as claimant/owner as well, so either they too dim/confused by their own changes to work out correctly which name to write letters and bring action under in some cases, or they are really taking the P with the regulators and authorisation by not reassigning to their authorised LTDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
      Yep, just dragged this out of a saved random bunch of stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20019[/ATTACH]

July, where UK (Ltd) are listed as legal owners, despite the CCA lapse in Feb

Wonder if the Lawyers know they are acting in the name of an unauthorised company?
      Lawyers are under a duty to know their client"!!!! so they should carry out due diligence
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
        Lawyers are under a duty to know their client"!!!! so they should carry out due diligence
        'Due diligence' is not one of the defining qualities for most law firms acting for creditors in consumer credit litigation, as far as I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
          Cpr 81.17 if I recall correctly.

M1

Comment

Looking at another thread they are issuing claims under Cabot financial uk
            is that legal ??

Comment

No. But how will the court/judge know if you don't tell them ?

See also #14 & 15 above

M1

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                Looking at your claim, it would appear it was issued under the wrong company name: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited, who no longer have a consumer credit license. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...537#post581522

Oooopsie! :grin:
                @FlamingParrot

It was more likely to be issued under the CORRECT company name. If it was issued under a version of Cabot that doesn't own it that would also be a big problem as they would have no standing to make a claim.

One would need to check the notice of assignment or other recent letters to check.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                  @FlamingParrot

It was more likely to be issued under the CORRECT company name. If it was issued under a version of Cabot that doesn't own it that would also be a big problem as they would have no standing to make a claim.
                  I meant the UNAUTHORISED one.

Comment

@FlamingParrot

One would need to check the notice of assignment or other recent letters to check.
                    How about this letter? It quotes both names: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...709#post581709

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                      How about this letter? It quotes both names: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...709#post581709
                      It says the legal owner is the unlicensed version

Who is the claimant ?

M1

Comment

It says the legal owner is the unlicensed version

Who is the claimant ?

M1
                        I've asked that question [MENTION=69750]stu82[/MENTION]

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=69750]stu82[/MENTION] - the claimant is the unauthorised Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. :grin: See below:

Not sure how they can remedy this. It should feature in every defence if it's this version o Cabot that is being dealt with.
                            Clerical error ? On the assignment, various begging letters and on a claim form with a statement of truth ?

Somebody has seriously messed up and as far as i see this info should be brought to the attention of the claimant, claimants legal team, court, SRA and FCA in every single case.

Comment

Does this mean I could have a defence based on their not been legally licensed to do business? (a :tinysmile_grin_t:faint glimmering of hope...) humanbean

Comment

Originally posted by humanbean View Post
                                Does this mean I could have a defence based on their not been legally licensed to do business? (a :tinysmile_grin_t:faint glimmering of hope...) humanbean
                                You may want to look at this post, the letter was sent only Friday or Saturday so we don't know what response (if any) they'll get, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...223#post582223

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X