• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclay's sell UKSL (Firstplus)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclay's sell UKSL (Firstplus)

Am not done with these people & still there are questions to be answered by the regulators.

Comment

I might be reading too much into things but with companies off loading companies, companies being a lot more careful about following protocols even if there is no legal requirement and other little things I have the impression they are frightened of something. What have others noted particularly since the discussions on mortgage changes were probably brought up have their own experiences changed with dealing with the companies now? It seems to me they have got away with calling these products mortgages when it suits them, second charge loans when it suits them, un- regulated loans when it suits them and then use any of the descriptions to get out of any commitments that are placed upon them. I remember seeing headlines pronouncing that all second charge lending would come under the European directive yet it seems that some have picked and chosen how the descriptions should be applied, but I am sure we were not the only ones who believed all second charge would be included. I have been looking for any original info on the requirements set out by the directive to see if it is obvious which products were supposed to come under the agreement and which were not, if any.

Comment

Did anything come of the request for information ? We have a FP loan transferred to Elderbridge with the slightly reduced interest rate- took the loan out about 11 years ago ,never had a statement from them so no idea what we owe and no idea what balance was transferred to EB- no arrears but payments still £100pm more than the original repayments (had been higher until recent reduction) Been told we have another 13 yrs left but am sure loan was only over 20 years so am very concerned now !!! Will be 64 when this occurs and would never have agreed to have repayments go on after I would have retired (60 at the time the loan was taken out )

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X