• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemaine Finance- fee's etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blemaine Finance- fee's etc

Hi there,

I'm new here so please bear with me- hope I am posting in the correct section

I discharged a loan that I had with this company in December of last year. It was a loan secured on my property and after a period of horrible and quite serious illness, I was in default but was able to pay everything off when I sold my property.

I have recently picked the issue of fee's etc up now that I am feeling better and am more settled and have received a breakdown of sorts from them. Jumping out at me are the following issues:-

1. Brokers Fee (apparently with a company called Central Capital) of £900 (!!) - I don't recall agreeing to this and have no paperwork at all from this company. A quick internet search has divulged they are no longer trading and have been very naughty- Blemain say I have to pursue them (Central Capital) for this fee.

2. Acceptance Fee in the sum of £845. I am shocked- though I signed the papers many years ago and was desperate for a loan, are they permitted to charge this?

3. Buildings Insurance (£328) and Buildings Insurance Block Policy Charge (£130) which they appear to have charged me every year for the duration of the loan (2008- 2014). They state over the phone that they are covered for this in their Ts&Cs (though have so far failed to send a copy of the relevant section). In any event, I was insured for buildings on my own policy and sent them hard copies of the schedule through the post but cannot evidence this. Their attitude appears to be "tough luck".

My initial call to them 6 weeks ago was to double check that I never paid PPI (Don't think I did) and they wrote to me saying they were happy to refund various charges (to the tune of approx £1k) following a review of my former account and in lieu of their failure to apparently "not formally notify you of each cost at the time, as required under the Consumer Credit Act 1974".

I asked for a copy of my original agreement and T's and C's (disclosure from them has so far been incomplete) which has raised all of these questions in my mind and I do not trust them one iota,

Any help/advice regarding the above issues would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Jess
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X