• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendale tax credit overpayment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendale tax credit overpayment

Hi i would appreciate some advice, i've received 2 letters and several phone calls (which i ignore) from rossendales re a tax credit overpayment. However when i 1st received notification from HMRC of this overpayment i called them to query it as i did not agree with the amount. I then totally forgot about it but it now appears that it has been passed to rossendales for collection?? How can they collect when we haven't agreed the amount of the overpayment, should i arrange payments through them or ask to deal with HMRC ? I believe that i would have been entitled to claim some tax credits anyway and a friend has told be to apply for notional offsetting, i would really appreciate some advice as my head is spinning.

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendale tax credit overpayment

I assume Rossendales are collecting as Debt Collectors & not Bailiffs? If so then you can ignore them & deal purely with HMRC.

Comment

What tax year does the overpayment relate to? Are you disputing the amount or whether there should be an overpayment at all?

I believe that i would have been entitled to claim some tax credits anyway
      What date was the tax credits decision letter?

Are you currently receiving tax credits?

Comment

I have been disputing an alleged tax credits overpayment dating back to tax year 2010/2011. I've written to HMRC to ask for a statement or breakdown and all they could say was "we won't be writing it off", that's many months after writing to them. Debt has been passed round the houses more times than I can remember, the latest letter is from LCS who say: "HMRC have instructed us to report any instance of non-contact or failure to clear the amount as they may consider enforcement action which could include legal proceedings..." :blah: :blah: :blah:

Comment

Hello again
          Sorry i haven't been able to reply to your posts for a couple of days and thanks for the info
          Yes i assume that rossendales are acting as debt collectors as there has been no mention of baliffs or any court summons, how can i check this?
          To give a bit more info the overpayment was for a joint claim with my now ex partner and was for working tax credit and child tax credit dating back 2 or 3 years ago. I have since claimed child tax credit for my daughter by myself and i believe i would have been entitled to claim this during the period for which we were "overpayed" and this is where my dispute is with hmrc.
          Going back to rossendales is there some way i can get them to stop harassing me, if i tell them i'm disputing the overpayment with hmrc?
          Again thanks for all your help and information it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by slwilson1976 View Post

Yes i assume that rossendales are acting as debt collectors as there has been no mention of baliffs or any court summons, how can i check this?
            Any letters should come from Rossendales Collect.

Comment

If acting as debt collectors send them a debt is denied letter.
              Keep on at HMRC to get a full breakdown.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X