• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

system mechanic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system mechanic

Morning all

Anyone got any views on System Mechanic?

Or know of free/inexpensive decluttering software that will do it all safely for complete idiots?:washing:

Ta! xx
    Tags: None

Re: system mechanic

Does windows 8 and above not do that for you?

Or try CC Cleaner

Make sure it is the free version

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Used it for years and is excellent

Comment

Thanks J

Windows 10 has insinuated itself into my laptop & frankly does far too much (without letting me see what it's done). Have got CCCleaner & ran it once - then it disappeared

When I say complete idiot, I'm not exaggerating x

Comment

Try downloading CC Cleaner again. Windows 10 had some bugs and the same happened to me. Pin it to your task bar when installed

Comment

Thanks again will try that now in a minute :eyebrows:

Do you know if one should put a tick in all the little boxes they haven't ticked? x

Comment

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Use this link

Read the install instructions. I have used the originating company to avoid all those free programs and to try and get you to change your search provider

If anything you are not sure on in any stage of the install give me a shout

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
              Morning all

Anyone got any views on System Mechanic?

Or know of free/inexpensive decluttering software that will do it all safely for complete idiots?:washing:

Ta! xx
              Morning MissFM

I'm not really big on de-cluttering, virtual or otherwise.

I find as soon as you throw anything away, sod's law swiftly kicks in an what looked like a totally useless 15 year old piece of crap suddenly becomes just what you need for something or other. :Cry:

If I'm going to do any clean-up I'd rather be in control myself.

Comment

Morning FP

Couldn't agree more - but am in ruthless mode and JCB ing Chateau FM so have put virtual junk on hit list - problem being I don't know what's junk and what's worth it's weight in gold in some obscure virtual way....

Have now installed CCCleaner and it's doing it's stuff (which is why I keep getting:_thedoctor__by_GuyF )xx

Comment

Is it safe to delete all the duplicates it's found (including system files and programme files)?

Comment

Yes, get rid of them all

I have used cc for years and never backed up any changes

Comment

MisFM

those are nothing more than shadow copies

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
                        MisFM

those are nothing more than shadow copies
                        Sorry to bang on about this - but how do I tell which are the real ones & which the shadows? If it identifies them as duplicates but they have different titles & locations which one do I choose? Or should I exclude hidden & system files from the analysis?

Thanks x

Comment

Just hit the run cleaner option. The program does it all for you

Comment

Yup - dunnit. Was wondering about the "find duplicate files" option? x:ranger:

Comment

CC is fantastic for clearing out all the junk files. Everything you do on the computer, every keystroke has a shadow copy retained. That slows down your computer after time and corrupts files.

I go one better although it is a paid annual subscription of twenty quid. It is called Easttech eraser. But CC Cleaner is great for the average user

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...922,bs.1,d.ZGU

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X