• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Marriage is Over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marriage is Over

Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but I'll try and be brief.
    I was married four 30 years and split from my wife in June this year, she moved out after I told her to go.
    There is no property to sell, and both our children are grown up live on their own. There is little cash to argue over and I have a dar whifh is worth around £800.
    I have worked all my life and I have a pension from a previous employer which I paid into for 20 years. My wife has worked on a self employed basis for around 19 years, but most of this was "off the books". She did not work from May 2014 until our split tthis year.
    I have started divorce proceedings through divorce online mainly to keep the cost of the divorce down. I am looking to complete a concent order to finalise any financial split along with the divorce.
    My main question is how can I get out of splitting my future pension with my wife. The main stumbling block on my part is why should she get her hands join mjy pension when she has made no provision for her retirement.
    Tags: None

Re: The Marriage is Over

Originally posted by Northernbloke View Post
    Sorry if this is a bit long winded, but I'll try and be brief.
    I was married four 30 years and split from my wife in June this year, she moved out after I told her to go.
    There is no property to sell, and both our children are grown up live on their own. There is little cash to argue over and I have a dar whifh is worth around £800.
    I have worked all my life and I have a pension from a previous employer which I paid into for 20 years. My wife has worked on a self employed basis for around 19 years, but most of this was "off the books". She did not work from May 2014 until our split tthis year.
    I have started divorce proceedings through divorce online mainly to keep the cost of the divorce down. I am looking to complete a concent order to finalise any financial split along with the divorce.
    My main question is how can I get out of splitting my future pension with my wife. The main stumbling block on my part is why should she get her hands join mjy pension when she has made no provision for her retirement.
    This is a brilliant forum, really excellent. But I have found that it's not so good in this section.

I think you probably can't get out of it... has she no pension? It all becomes a pot, from what I am (quickly) learning. The starting point is 50/50 and then needs/ fairness is assessed.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: The Marriage is Over

Depends how friendly you are with your soon to be ex but see what she will agree to as a financial settlement and put that in to the court as the agreement. If not then it will be the 50/50

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X