• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart parking fine - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart parking fine - Won

Hi, apologies if I am posting this is the wrong place, please feel free to move if needed. I have recently received a parking fine from smart parking ltd at Tottenham Hale retail park. They say I exceeded the time allowed although during that time I was shopping continuously at the retail park. Are there any grounds at all for an appeal? The charge is £45 but will go up to £90 from the 21 sept 2015. Thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Smart parking fine

Was it on the car or through the post ?

Contact all store managers, preferably with receipts in hand, and moan. Don't stop the appeal process whilst you do it though.

M1

Comment

The letter came through the post. There was nothing on the window

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs . I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9. Please contact the driver.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Comment

Thank you very much. I have now sent the below paragraph and waiting for a reply.

Comment

Hi, just to let you know I got off the parking fine above so thank you so much.

Unfortunately my car has just been towed by the council from outside my building aparantly because it was parked slightly on the pavement. The pavement is flat and not raised with a curb so I didn't realise it was on there. It was not blocking anyone or anything and the no parking sign on the floor is completely faded. Is there anything that can be done to appeal in this instance?

Comment

Possibly but not my area. Try starting a thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ng-amp-Parking

Nice win.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Richardpne View Post
                Hi, just to let you know I got off the parking fine above so thank you so much.
                How long did it take you to receive a response to your appeal to Smart Parking before you found it was successful?

I ask as similar to you received letter through the post and at the point where the penalty will go to the full amount whilst i am awaiting still for them to respond?
                Last edited by Amethyst; 14th September 2017, 07:32:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by A_warrender76 View Post
                  How long did it take you to receive a response to your appeal to Smart Parking before you found it was successful?

I ask as similar to you received letter through the post and at the point where the penalty will go to the full amount whilst i am awaiting still for them to respond?
                  Hi

Smart are BPA members, so they should respond (even if only to acknowledge your 'soft' appeal) within 14 days of receiving it, & make a final decision within 35 days of receipt.
                  If they reject, they should issue a POPLA code for further appeal.
                  Once they receive the appeal they should cease processing the appeal or increase the charge until they have made a decision.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Hi

Smart are BPA members, so they should respond (even if only to acknowledge your 'soft' appeal) within 14 days of receiving it, & make a final decision within 35 days of receipt.
                    If they reject, they should issue a POPLA code for further appeal.
                    Once they receive the appeal they should cease processing the appeal or increase the charge until they have made a decision.

That you for your response and advice on the matter, it is greatly appreciated and will see how things develop.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X