Thread: Smart parking fine - Won

• Display

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Default Smart parking fine - Won

Hi, apologies if I am posting this is the wrong place, please feel free to move if needed. I have recently received a parking fine from smart parking ltd at Tottenham Hale retail park. They say I exceeded the time allowed although during that time I was shopping continuously at the retail park. Are there any grounds at all for an appeal? The charge is £45 but will go up to £90 from the 21 sept 2015. Thank you.

VIP Member

Mentions
    811 Post(s)

Default Re: Smart parking fine

Was it on the car or through the post ?

Contact all store managers, preferably with receipts in hand, and moan. Don't stop the appeal process whilst you do it though.

M1
    ********************************Signature********* ************************

Private messages are off as all help on this site is on board.

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

If you want to tell someone YOU were driving, go to confession.

I,I,I,I,I,I should be avoided unless you are Jim Diamond.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

The letter came through the post. There was nothing on the window

VIP Member

Mentions
    811 Post(s)

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signs . I note your notice to keeper is fundamentally flawed when compared to PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9. Please contact the driver.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If popla is need let me know.

M1

Please note i am now pretty much without access/time to help 5 days a week. Others will hopefully help you.

I can only help with what you tell me. Post up information (other than names and addresses!).

I NEVER enter any appeals or court documentation on your behalf. This is your responsibility.

Upload images to your thread like this .Email kati@legalbeagles.info if you can't upload images/documents. She doesn't own a crystal ball as far as i'm aware so link to your thread or tell her how to find it !

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much. I have now sent the below paragraph and waiting for a reply.

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Hi, just to let you know I got off the parking fine above so thank you so much.

Unfortunately my car has just been towed by the council from outside my building aparantly because it was parked slightly on the pavement. The pavement is flat and not raised with a curb so I didn't realise it was on there. It was not blocking anyone or anything and the no parking sign on the floor is completely faded. Is there anything that can be done to appeal in this instance?

VIP Member

Mentions
    811 Post(s)

Possibly but not my area. Try starting a thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ng-amp-Parking

Nice win.

M1

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Question Re: Smart parking fine

Quote Originally Posted by Richardpne View Post
    Hi, just to let you know I got off the parking fine above so thank you so much.
    How long did it take you to receive a response to your appeal to Smart Parking before you found it was successful?

I ask as similar to you received letter through the post and at the point where the penalty will go to the full amount whilst i am awaiting still for them to respond?
    Last edited by Amethyst; 14th September 2017 at 07:32:AM.

VIP Member

Mentions
    504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A_warrender76 View Post
    How long did it take you to receive a response to your appeal to Smart Parking before you found it was successful?

I ask as similar to you received letter through the post and at the point where the penalty will go to the full amount whilst i am awaiting still for them to respond?
    Hi

Smart are BPA members, so they should respond (even if only to acknowledge your 'soft' appeal) within 14 days of receiving it, & make a final decision within 35 days of receipt.
    If they reject, they should issue a POPLA code for further appeal.
    Once they receive the appeal they should cease processing the appeal or increase the charge until they have made a decision.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Mentions
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up Re: Smart parking fine

Quote Originally Posted by charitynjw View Post
    Hi

Smart are BPA members, so they should respond (even if only to acknowledge your 'soft' appeal) within 14 days of receiving it, & make a final decision within 35 days of receipt.
    If they reject, they should issue a POPLA code for further appeal.
    Once they receive the appeal they should cease processing the appeal or increase the charge until they have made a decision.

That you for your response and advice on the matter, it is greatly appreciated and will see how things develop.