• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Private employer has not paid me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private employer has not paid me

Hi all,
    I have been under some stress for a week because it seems like my employer has completely cut me off and is refusing to pay me or answer any of my phone calls... He is in quite a lot of money in debt with me always promising me he would pay me this week but look now.. He's not at the office, he's no where to be seen and he's ignoring me trying to avoid paying me.. Let me explain.

I am 16 years old living in Queensland and 3 weeks ago I was approached by him and we sat down and talked about the job then he employed me, but what he said was exactly these words "your under 18 so I cannot legally employ you, here's what we're going to do, I'm going to pay you cash $10 an hour + X amount for every sign up and another X amount for every sale" Great I said so I started working for him straight away for 3 weeks straight and he now owes me $300 for some sales I did but now it seems that I did all these sales for him and he made a lot more money out of it then I did and now he's not paying me and as I said he is ignoring my phone calls... Every time I have been to the office (I have gone 3 times this past week because I live 4 hours away from it and it's very hard to get to considering I'm 16) he is not there and he has told all the other employees there to not talk to or contact me... He obviously has down right ripped me off and I'm furious because I gave up $900 worth of shifts in my other job just to give this one a shot because he had promised me so many good things but now I'm struggling financially just because he has scammed me.

I'm honestly really confused and just stressed over this because I'm just 16 and I'm trying to make a future for myself but now I'm just worse off then before.. Surely there is some legal action I can take because I am sure it was highly illegal for him to employ a 16 year old and also to pay in cash and avoiding tax. I'm sure he's doing it to other employees aswell.

I need some legal advice here because I need justice, I don't know what I can do legally because when I think about it technically I have no proof that I worked there and I have no proof that I worked with him, actually I have an ID badge for the company with my picture and name on it which I was givin while I worked there but other then that what can I do? I have been scammed and I need my money so can someone please give me advice that will be much apreciated as I am very stressed out right now and not knowing what to do, thanks again.
    Tags: None

Re: Private employer has not paid me

Hi an welcome.
    sorry to hear of your problem, and as it is your first job makes it worse.
    However I note you are a Queenslander.
    This is a UK based forum and you are more likely to get a meaningful response if you post on an Australian based forum, where people will be more up to date with your employment laws.
    Good luck anyway

Comment

This is a duplicate thread, I replied to his other one saying pretty much the same: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...460#post573460

Comment

So I noted 10 minutes after posting lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X