• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Looking for virtual PDF printer driver for iPad that works with any app

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for virtual PDF printer driver for iPad that works with any app

One for you geeks out there. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Is there a way to print to PDF from the iPad as if it was a virtual printer, i.e. one that would show up from any app as a printer? There was something called PDF printer driver which I purchased from the app store which used to show up as a printer from within any app, however, after one of them iOS updates (probably the one that made everything look flat and grey :mad2, it no longer shows up and I've yet to find an alternative.

I've got a PDF creator that I can use, for example, to do a PDF from a thread on this site but, say the thread is in the members only or VIP area, I'd need to log in within the PDF app to PDF the live thread as it is toay. Now what I want is to be able to PDF stuff I've got saved with an app called 'offline pages'; content that no longer exists live online or that has since been modified, but I've got stored locally on my iPad. I have the option to print it to my wireless desktop printer but I want PDFs without having to print and scan the pages. The previous PDF printer driver showed up as a printer from within this app but thanks to the constant need to update things, no longer shows up. :rant: :rant: :rant:

There are lots of apps in the app store but I've got neither the money, nor the time or even storage space, to be trying them all, only to find they don't do what I'm after.

If anyone knows of a virtual PDF printer for iPad, you'll be top of my Xmas list! :cancan:
    Tags: None

Re: Looking for virtual PDF printer driver for iPad that works with any app

do you have a modern printer ? mine has an email address and you simply email the printer and it prints the document emailed.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
      do you have a modern printer ? mine has an email address and you simply email the printer and it prints the document emailed.
      I have a wireless printer so I can print from the iPad to it, however, I'm looking for a virtual printer driver that lets me create a PDF directly from the offline pages without having to physically print them and scan them, if you see what I mean.

Comment

I'm not an expert but doesn't open office or libre office let you save documents as a pdf?

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
          I'm not an expert but doesn't open office or libre office let you save documents as a pdf?
          Yes, and I have a few PDF creation apps on the iPad, however, I'm looking for one that lets me save PDFs from this app in particular: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/offl...391462107?mt=8 :nerd:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            One for you geeks out there
            I'm the developer of the Offline Pages app you're using.

We are adding ability to print to PDF in the very next update. The free update is literally 2 or 3 weeks away. No need to look for 3rd party solution!

Thanks

PS. you could just ask our support

Comment

Try https://www.cutepdf-editor.com/support/faq.asp it does suggest you Safari.

Comment

Originally posted by offlinepages View Post
                I'm the developer of the Offline Pages app you're using.
                You found us pretty quickly, I only posted this a few hours ago!
                Originally posted by offlinepages View Post
                We are adding ability to print to PDF in the very next update. The free update is literally 2 or 3 weeks away. No need to look for 3rd party solution!

Thanks

PS. you could just ask our support
                I'd have expected the app to be able to create PDFs so I can get the saved pages out of the iPad in the same format as they are. I've had the app for two years so it didn't occur to me that there would be such an update coming up but it's great to know. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Comment

And if you want to make posts then look to see how old they are first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X