• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sparkie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sparkie

Things were getting real tough handling Margaret, but things are looking up, have managed to get some support from the carers support, I was having severe problems persuading M to have a shower in the evenings or mornings and getting her in her night clothes, she deeply resented me, asking her to get undressed for a shower and dressed in the mornings.
    Now a carer comes in every morning for 30 mins or so and dresses her and then in the evenings around 6.45pm and showers her and gets her in her night clothes, she is much more relaxed and not as stubborn and aggressive ...I can say my life is a lot easier now..........not perfect ...never will be but a hell of a lot easier for both of us.
    Talking of Margaret I have another legal problem with MBNA/Cabot on her behalf but not sure where to post it...............Would it be OK on this thread.............Its one I don't think has been heard of before I have worked on this quietly and now its reached a weird climax............need Celestine or Amethyst on this one......I think it will amaze them both.
    When and where I post it.
    Can I post it here??
    Sparkie

Comment

I am prepared to have a worse coming birth year than the last year.

What happened this afternoon at about 5 pm tends to point to it any way.
      Margie was standing in front of our lounge window that faces right on to the road, I was in the kitchen preparing her evening meal.

I heard aloud bang and went running into the lounge, she had the vertical blinds pulled aside and the was a hole in the outerpane of the double glazing………….some B*****D had either fired a catapult or 22air rifle/pistol at the window right where she had been standing.

Of courseshe could not tell the police who were here in 10 mins or less what had happened but we did manage to get out of her that she had seen a youth about 15 running away, police made some enquiries with the neighbours and one confirmed they had seen a group of youths running past their house and gave a good description of one of them.
      Anyway I just said to the coppers that that was a good end to my birthday and guess what………….they came back later with a chocolate bake cake and said that’s from them to help us relax with a drink this evening which I have done Margie just had cake and a glass of fresh orange.
      It shows that some coppers do have a big heart, it was real nice of them.
      Still new window has be got now ….could have done without that for sure.

Another dayin the life of Sparkie.
      I also must add that as I took the cake box off the lady copper, the writing on it was upside down and Margie said its upside down ....the coppers having been told of her condition said ...." Well she can still read can't she......that must be a good thing.....it certainly is because she CAN still read even if she does not fully understand what she is reading ................Dementure is a very strange disease..... a fact I'm finding out every day .
      Last edited by Sparkie1723; 17th April 2016, 21:20:PM. Reason: added notes

Comment

Could have been worse and all though bad enough glad it wasn't. Enjoy what's left of your birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
          Could have been worse and all though bad enough glad it wasn't. Enjoy what's left of your birthday.
          Thank you meellis...........its trivial in comparison to other things that happen ..................BUT if it was a 22 pellet it could have been worse and hit M.............but it didn't so everything is OK.
          Sparkie

Comment

bit late in the day, but Happy Birthday Sparkie

Comment

Many happy returns, Sparkie.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hope they catch them Sparks.
                Glad M wasn't hurt.
                Dementia is a strange disease x ( belated happy birthday x)
                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Belated birthday wishes, sorry it was marred by thugs, hope they get caught. xx

Comment

Many happy returns for yesterday, Sparkie

Comment

Had a slight accident the other day...........M got hold of my mobile phone and dropped it down the toilet.......... tried everything, leaving it in uncooked rice ( supposed to revitalise phones some time) ..........left on radiator.....................dried with hair dryer................no good" knackered"............another different day..................luckily M's son has got one I can have.
                      a mobile is especially handy for me.
                      So panic over
                      Sparkie

Comment

Can I ask others who are carers of partners who have dementure.......Have they experienced that long standing friends who used to visit on a near every day basis...........slowly drop off and there comes a time when they never call..............I have encountered this for a while with the exception of family M is a very lonely person now and I have to be close to her every minute at least in her sight.................very very bad disease is dementure........not having any idea before .................I realise this more and more every day.....................I've been feeling so tired and down the last few weeks.... told the Doc.........had a blood test and the doc rang ....have to go back next week my cholesterol has shot up to 8 and my blood iron is nearly non existent .............probably why I feel so tired.................I'm living on caffeine.............at least 20 cups/mugs a day.
                        Just another moan ........have to live up my name don't I?
                        Sparkie

Forgot I was nearly accepted for " Shared Lives" when very dedicated people come and stay with the person to give the carer a bit of a break...........but that has fell through because M can get agitated and a little aggressive at times and has had a "couple " of toilet accidents .............so that is a no no now
                        Last edited by Sparkie1723; 7th May 2016, 19:47:PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hqS_lzNIlU

Works for me, Sparkie!
                          & don't let the barstewards grind ya down, mate!
                          Last edited by charitynjw; 7th May 2016, 20:26:PM.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Yep, Sparkie.
                            Non family members without experience of dementia, find it difficult to cope with the dis appearance of their friend,
                            People do not realise how isolating the condition is, not only for the sufferer, but also their carer (be it spouse, partner or offspring).
                            My heart goes out to you, and I do appreciate what you and M are going through.
                            Des

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                              Yep, Sparkie.
                              Non family members without experience of dementia, find it difficult to cope with the dis appearance of their friend,
                              People do not realise how isolating the condition is, not only for the sufferer, but also their carer (be it spouse, partner or offspring).
                              My heart goes out to you, and I do appreciate what you and M are going through.
                              Des
                              Thanks Des..............Its as if they are also frightened of it all.............
                              I must give a great vote of thanks to the Cheshire/Chester mental health support team who visit us for about an hr very often ...they ring up and ask if everything is OK and would we/I like a visit from one of their team when and if M gets more than a little confused and agitated and two or three of them are just pure angels in my view, the way they treat M is magical sometimes. One especially gave up two hrs of her own time just to sit and read to her while I nipped out to do a few chores etc.
                              I'm working at understanding the disease that in itself is a nightmare sometimes.
                              Its a horrible thing to say but I look forward to any short break...........I do get a sort of break when M goes to bed bless her..........except for trips to the bathroom she sleeps quite well and cuddles up so close when I get into bed I cry myself to sleep most nights............that's the one time I feel that I have her back all calm and peaceful its so hard to explain.
                              Got to now I feel it coming on..........but its good to tell someone and this is the place to tell it
                              Thanks again for all the support I'm getting on all fronts on the forum..............no-one will ever know how much it is all appreciated
                              Sparkie

Comment

:grouphug: to you and M xx
                                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X