• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Request

Hi All

For the past few months Lowells have been chasing me for a debt I cant remember taking out. I've looked at my credit file on Noddle and Equifax and I cant see any mention of the debt on there. So after looking on the internet I emailed Lowell for a CCA request. That was on 24/08/15. I've received a reply stating they will only respond to my request if I give them my DOB and address. I've given them the address the letter was sent to but I don't want to give my DOB as I don't believe I owe the debt and its up tp them to prove I owe it, also someone emailing or sending a letter to Lowells with a CCA request does not prove who I am. All it will do is confirm either way the details they have on file.

I emailed thinking it would be the easier option, legally do I have to give the details they require, or shouldn't they treat the request and send the information to they address they have on file regardless of how the request was sent either email or snail mail.

I believe they have 12 working days to supply the info I requested (correct me if that's wrong). Are they stalling ?

Any help here would be gratefully appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: CCA Request

There is a statutory fee for a CCA request, have you paid this ?

Lowells are quite keen on refusing to deal with emails from email addresses they have not had confirmed as belonging to the person. I have had many a reply saying that the email address was not the registered address so they could not respond. In those cases as I was only telling them to go away in short jerky movements I did nothing,

The usual way to send a cca request is by post and usually signed for just to have a record of it

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
      There is a statutory fee for a CCA request, have you paid this ?

Lowells are quite keen on refusing to deal with emails from email addresses they have not had confirmed as belonging to the person. I have had many a reply saying that the email address was not the registered address so they could not respond. In those cases as I was only telling them to go away in short jerky movements I did nothing,

The usual way to send a cca request is by post and usually signed for just to have a record of it
      No I haven't paid it didn't know I had too. My point is how the request was made there is no way of proving its from the named person on the letter. So my CCA request via email is invalid ? although on the letter it states I can contact either using telephone, website or email or normal mail.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by qzxcvbn View Post
        No I haven't paid it didn't know I had too. My point is how the request was made there is no way of proving its from the named person on the letter. So my CCA request via email is invalid ? although on the letter it states I can contact either using telephone, website or email or normal mail.

Thanks for the reply
        No fee no CCA you will have to send a new request, use a cheque or postal order for £1 and endorse it " For Statutory Fee Only". use signed for post and check delivery date. `12 + 2 Working days for compliance.
        nem

Comment

here is the template for the CCA request

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?751

Comment

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X