• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Power of attorney paid for but not set up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of attorney paid for but not set up

Hi All, i hope someone can help me with a problem.
    Back in August 2013 my father in law paid a financial adviser to set up power of attorney for himself, his wife, my husband and myself. Wills for each of us were also to be drawn up along with a trust deed for my husband and I so that upon either of our deaths our half would pass directly to our daughter.
    At that time the wills were sent to us to sign and get witnessed.
    Fast forward 2 years when i asked the financial adviser for a copy of our trust deed and power of attorney so that I could speak to my parents to encourage them to set up the same.
    2 months on from this request the said financial adviser informs us that the POA's were indeed not set up, had been found in a pile of paperwork , along with our trust paperwork!!!!!
    He now says he will go ahead with the applications and not to worry that they werent set up when requested!!!
    My father in law is so angry about the situation, he just wants his money back. The power of attorneys....all 8 of them (financial and health and welfare for each of us) were charged at the rate of £395 each, not including the public guardian fee for which we are all exempt.
    Can he asked for his money back.??
    I would be so grateful for any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Power of attorney paid for but not set up

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...450#post586450 - thread is here
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X