• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd - won

Hi I am new to this forum and am after some help and guidance regarding a PCN I received from Civil Enforcement Ltd. I have heard and read various articles on this with some saying ignore their letters & others giving guidance on appealing. Please help
    I have received a PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd. This was when I was parked at a leisure centre where they have put a 3hour max parking restriction in place. If you park over 3 hrs you need to register your car reg on a machine in the leisure centre. I am at the centre 2-3 times per week. On this occasion I was there for over 3hrs as I was attending an event. I do believe I entered my car reg, they are saying I didn't. They have put this restriction in place as people were parking in the leisure centre but walking into town etc and getting free parking. I was actually using the facilities and can prove that as was at an event. Anyway, I wrote back stating this and appealed the fine. They have written back again advising they will not cancel the enforcement notice and I still need to pay within 14 days or can appeal via popla. They have given me a popla code. If I pay within 14 days I will get to pay the reduced rate.
    What should I do? Ignore this? Write back proving I was there & stating I did in fact put my car reg into the machine? Appeal via popla? Do I have a leg to stand on?
    I do have a popla code they have sent me, what do I do with this? Is it worth appealing? Is that a long and hard process?
    I think it’s so wrong trying to charge me £100 when I was using the facilities. It is not a pay and display car park its free parking for up to 3 hrs & if you're using the facilities then its free beyond 3 hrs as long as you enter your car details. I am sure that night I did but they are saying they have no record of it. Either way I think its so wrong as I was genuinely at the leisure centre. Its not as if I didn't pay for a car park ticket at a pay and display Please advise? Thanks a lot
    Tags: None

Re: PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd

Have you complained to the centre ?

Can you post up a scan of the pcn (suitably sanitised).

If you are convinced you entered the reg number then deffo appeal. (even if not you have a great chance to win)

I'll sort out a popla appeal for you if required as mitigation doesn't work ! Not breaking the terms should though !!!

M1

Comment

Hi @mystery1
      Sorry for the delay, I have been away. Yes I did complain to the centre but they were not interested at all, they said its down to the enforcement company.

If you can help with a popla appeal that would be most appreciated. Do you think I have a chance?
      I used to hear that you could simply ignore these letters, is that right? Do thee private companies have a right to fine me & collect their money?
      Here is a copy of their recent letter, I have blanked out some of the personal info. If you require the popla code I can share it.
      mote park parking .pdf[/HTML]

Many many thanks

Comment

At the moment Popla is being transferred form operator 1 to operator 2. http://www.popla.org.uk/update.htm

All you need to do at present is register an intent to appeal. Later they'll give you a date by which you need to appeal at which point let me know.

M1

Comment

Great thanks. I have registered my intent to appeal..

Below is what it said once submitted. I will let you know when I hear back - thanks again
          Thank you for indicating your intention to appeal.
          We have now passed your details onto Ombudsman Services Limited who will be contacting you in due course to explain how to appeal.
          Once you have received this information you will be able to register your appeal and send any evidence.

Comment

Hi I have now had an email from POPLA. I have 28 days from today to submit my appeal. Is it now at this stage you can help please?
            Do you need any further info from me?
            Many thanks

Comment

Get back to you soon.

M1

Comment

In light of the changes to popla processing it seems prudent to wait a bit until i rejig the appeals and see if more info comes to light. My standard fare is too many words and i want to see how to split it or reduce without losing the power.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...a-process.html

When is your due date ?

M1

Comment

I have28 days from the 17th Sept, which is the 15th October. So I need to submit my appeal by the 15th Oct.
                  Thanks

Comment

Hi @mystery1
                    Sorry to chase on this, have you had a chance to look at it? Anything I should do?

Comment

Originally posted by imf View Post
                      Hi @mystery1
                      Sorry to chase on this, have you had a chance to look at it? Anything I should do?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

I'm waiting in the hope we can see which way the wind is blowing. No point being too early if there is a chance to make sure the appeals are decided along the same lines as they used to be.

M1

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Hi @mystery1
                          Sorry to hassle you on this. I need to send off any appeal this week. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by imf View Post
                            Hi @mystery1
                            Sorry to hassle you on this. I need to send off any appeal this week. Thanks
                            http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...udsman-appeals

If you need it before let me know but i intend to do Wednesday to give the best chance of seeing any available decisions.

M1

Comment

oooo....what decisions?

ohhh from the new online jobby?
                              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X