• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed due to default after VT of car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed due to default after VT of car

I sucssfully VT'd my HP car in May. I have a letter stating my balance liability owed t at VT was £0. However, Santander told me I owed them £105 refurbishemnt costs for the car. I had already commenced legal proceedings (County court in November) as the car was not fit for purpose when I purchased it. I informed Santander, the car had fair wear and tear on return and they dropped the amount to £70 (I recorded this call), I told them I had commenced court proceeding, which they was aware of, and they told me the balance would be put on hold until the court decided. I then recieved a letter from a company (DWF) stating I still owed £105, I rang them and told them it was £70 and it was at court. I checked my credit file and they have issued a default for June. I had no notice or warning letters! Does anyone know what I should do or can do to have this removed. The amount was less than half of my normal monthly payments and I lost £6500 on the car!!
    Tags: None

Re: Advice needed due to default after VT of car

I an thinking Durkin v DSG retail

How old was the car when you purchased it??

Comment

Re: Advice needed due to default after VT of car

4 years old, the court case is also against the car sales who we bought the car from in addition to Santander who provided the credit. But the default is just a new insult which I don't want to affect my credit rating, I have disputed it with them over the phone and in writing. I have also read that a default can not be issued for charges...the amount is not part of my payments but for alleged refurbishment fees, which I informed then during a call I recorded I was disputing in court in addition to trying to recover some of our losses on the car.
      Last edited by lillydog; 22nd August 2015, 20:32:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X