• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal clause for selling, assigning, or transferring account to third party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legal clause for selling, assigning, or transferring account to third party

Thats the whole point HW there are always a lot of IFS . If a good DN has been issued, if LPA has been followed, IF the CCA request is compliant .
    However I see where walesman is coming from , it is business and much as I don't like it , people are in business to make a profit. You do not think twice about paying £4 for a bottle of WKD in a bar that can be bought from a supermarket for 99p or £4.50 for a glass of wine when the whole bottle cost less than that.

More and more debts since 2007 have been enforceable however I have had more sucess in getting post 2007 debts written off than I have with pre 2007 debts . Most of my PDL's are gone after following complaints through to the FOS etc about irresponsible lending, bad practice etc. £1200 to Lowells gone for a credit card -with no DN .

I noticed tha actual NOA was addressed to "who it may concern" I think thy have royally screwed up and the DN is defective BUT these can be put right , if only the OC had screwed up with the DN before sale

My understanding of the insolvency rules is that part 11 is about the sharing out of proceeds to creditors of insolvent companies so I still do not see what that has got to do with a NOA http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...4/part/11/made

Comment

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
      Thats the whole point HW there are always a lot of IFS . If a good DN has been issued, if LPA has been followed, IF the CCA request is compliant .
      However I see where walesman is coming from , it is business and much as I don't like it , people are in business to make a profit. You do not think twice about paying £4 for a bottle of WKD in a bar that can be bought from a supermarket for 99p or £4.50 for a glass of wine when the whole bottle cost less than that.

More and more debts since 2007 have been enforceable however I have had more sucess in getting post 2007 debts written off than I have with pre 2007 debts . Most of my PDL's are gone after following complaints through to the FOS etc about irresponsible lending, bad practice etc. £1200 to Lowells gone for a credit card -with no DN .

I noticed tha actual NOA was addressed to "who it may concern" I think thy have royally screwed up and the DN is defective BUT these can be put right , if only the OC had screwed up with the DN before sale
      **** This How This Debt Was Passed To The Current Owner****

My understanding of the insolvency rules is that part 11 is about the sharing out of proceeds to creditors of insolvent companies so I still do not see what that has got to do with a NOA http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...4/part/11/made
      11.11 Shows how this has been transferred!

nem

Comment

Are we reading the same document
        PART 11
        DECLARATION AND PAYMENT OF DIVIDEND (WINDING UP AND BANKRUPTCY)

Assignment of right to dividend

11.11.—(1) If a person entitled to a dividend gives notice to the responsible insolvency practitioner that he wishes the dividend to be paid to another person, or that he has assigned his entitlement to another person, the insolvency practitioner shall pay the dividend to that other accordingly.(2) A notice given under this Rule must specify the name and address of the person to whom payment is to be made.

I can't find anything to suggest that the OC are insolvent and in any event if they were insolvent the 'asset' i.e the loan book would be sold as one thing and the proceeds of that divided between the creditors

Comment

Are we reading the same document

I can't find anything to suggest that the OC are insolvent and in any event if they were insolvent the 'asset' i.e the loan book would be sold as one thing and the proceeds of that divided between the creditors
          I think if you look carefully you may find the original PDLC no longer operates in that sector.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            I think if you look carefully you may find the original PDLC no longer operates in that sector.
            And I think if you look carefully you will find the company of which they were a trading style still do exist, well according to companies house anyway https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06265248

In any event unless SLL are acting on behalf of the liquidators that clause is invalid as the book would have been sold .

HW did tell us in an ear;y post that the company was still trading

Comment

And I think if you look carefully you will find the company of which they were a trading style still do exist, well according to companies house anyway https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06265248

In any event unless SLL are acting on behalf of the liquidators that clause is invalid as the book would have been sold .

HW did tell us in an ear;y post that the company was still trading
              Who says it wasn't??

Comment

You did.

AFM is a trading name (not a subsidiary) of the parent company, the legislation quoted is to do with insolvency , hence for it to be applicable they would have to be insolvent .

In which case why was that legislation ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X