• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

02036371238 caller protection service ? Other

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02036371238 caller protection service ? Other

02036371238 caller protection service ?

Caller Protection Service

Number being reported a lot asking for bank details to renew your 'caller protection service' - be very careful as it appears they are asking people for bank details to renew, who have never had the service (if one exists) previously.

Type of Call
    Other

Opt Out option given ?
    No

Are you registered with TPS ?
    No

For advice dealing with nuisance calls view http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...824#post450824

If you would like to report a call click http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...?do=form&fid=5
    Tags: None

Re: 02036371238 caller protection service ? Other

Seems to be this
    mandy
    9 Jun 2015
    This company called my 86 year old mom wanted her card details and a payment of £89. Said they were a call protection service. Let's put this in perspective: this company has cold called my mom to prevent her from getting cold calls? Ironical!!! Any reputable company by law should check that the number they wish to call does not appear on the caller preference service...had they done this they would see mom has registered with this free service, therefore this confirms this company is far from reputable and their name is very similar to the FREE caller preference service so dont be scammed by this other company into paying for a free service.
    Jean
    1 h 17 min ago
    Stevie explained that the Call Protection Service we already receive was being updated as I was still receiving calls and the premium reduced to £2.50 from £4 per month. She talked about a box, being attached to my land line with a 3 year warranty. This was for us to fit and would eliminate these calls. This would be delivered within 5-8 working days and I would have to sign for it. She mentioned a 14 day cooling off period. She asked which bank the payments were being deducted from and I said I wasn't sure, she then asked if it would be from the same bank account, I said I presume so. She then asked the same question which bank but as I had already said I didn't know I repeated this remark. We don't have this service. She was very plausible!!!
    callprotectionservice.co.uk - should be reported to trading standards, and TPS if you are signed up.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Is this not the lot that got fined about £50,000 recently? If it is then they don't seem to have learned.

Found it:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33853299

Comment

The reason I am posting this is that the manner in which "Chris" tried to persuade me to take up his offer was very forceful. I wonder if we will ever be rid of cold caller such as these.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X