• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

For Ref on Blackpool Trading Standards - https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/Residen...er-advice.aspx though it does send you to the CAB run helpline if you're reporting from outside of Blackpool for a business in Blackpool. But if you don't report them they don't know, same as with Action Fraud - Action Fraud basically collect complaints and refer them to the local police force if they think it is necessary - otherwise just log the reports.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Mother View Post
      Wishful thinking. I’m hoping HMRC are on to them after I reported them
      I've been receiving requests to pay an invoice from their accounts department. Nothing else as of yet. Past it's due date now so hopefully they'll do something - looking forward to biting back with my solicitor and a ridiculous amount of ammo against them.

Comment

Looks like IME was shut down by HMRC originally

see https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2672632/
        In the Matter of THE GENERAL ADVERTISING COMPANY LTD
        formerly INTERNET MEDIA EXPERTS (UK) LTD
        A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 09153590, of ,Centurion House, 129 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WR, presented on 17 November 2016 by the COMMISSIONERS FOR HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS, of South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London, WC2B 4RD,, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the High Court, Royal Courts of Justice, 7 Rolls Building, Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1NL on 16 January 2017 at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).
        so I suspect they would be interested in the phoenix company.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I too was recently scammed by this company. I paid a deposit of over £800 to the salesman by card and fortunately my deposit was returned after receiving this email
          With regards to your Staff Benefits advertisement and your card payment made, we have issued a refund of your deposit payment due to technical issues with the company we were using.

The refund will take up to five working days to hit your account, once you have received your refund we would be most grateful if you could BACS over this payment to us.

Please see below for the banking details and we have attached a copy of your invoice.

I did not pay it and have no intention of doing so. I called Staff Benefits less than an hour after signing to cancel the contract and was told that i couldn't.
          My solicitor has been in contact with them and they just keep demanding payment with threats of court.

Comment

Originally posted by IAN2017 View Post
            I too was recently scammed by this company. I paid a deposit of over £800 to the salesman by card and fortunately my deposit was returned after receiving this email
            With regards to your Staff Benefits advertisement and your card payment made, we have issued a refund of your deposit payment due to technical issues with the company we were using.

The refund will take up to five working days to hit your account, once you have received your refund we would be most grateful if you could BACS over this payment to us.

Please see below for the banking details and we have attached a copy of your invoice.

I did not pay it and have no intention of doing so. I called Staff Benefits less than an hour after signing to cancel the contract and was told that i couldn't.
            My solicitor has been in contact with them and they just keep demanding payment with threats of court.
            Arr they still contacting you despite the solicitors letter?!

Comment

They are contacting my solicitor, not me personally

- - - Updated - - -

They have offered me a 10% discount if i pay up.

Comment

I can’t believe it! Wow! I thought a solicitors letter would be enough to scare them!

Comment

Please advise immediately if your client wishes to settle the account with a 10% discount or if they wish to defend proceedings. It would be kindly appreciated if you could let us know as soon as possible so that our client can take the relevant action to recover the sum.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

They have offered me a 10% discount if i pay up.
                    Unbelievable. I paid £2000 to them and am expecting an invoice very soon for next two years. How many letters have they sent so far? Just so I know what to expect...

- - - Updated - - -

Please advise immediately if your client wishes to settle the account with a 10% discount or if they wish to defend proceedings. It would be kindly appreciated if you could let us know as soon as possible so that our client can take the relevant action to recover the sum.
                    Shats thevadvice of the solicitor?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry meant to say, what is your solicitors advice?

Comment

I told my solicitor to do nothing for now, i will wait to see if they actually do start court proceedings

Comment

I told my solicitor to do nothing for now, i will wait to see if they actually do start court proceedings
                        Please Jeep is posted as I will be in similar position in January

Comment

I'm lucky that they returned my deposit though it is costing a bit for my solicitor.

Comment

I'm lucky that they returned my deposit though it is costing a bit for my solicitor.
                            I’m sure. Bastards.

Comment

I think that the ''technical issues with the company we were using'' are more likely to be the card merchant provider withdrawing the PDQ facility from IME because of the number of chargeback claims they were receiving from 'customers'.

This happened (twice) to a dodgy claims management company as described in the attached excerpt from the administrator's report.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Blimey - does that say that Barclays charged 30% backend for providing the PDQ merchant services ?? That's excessive, surely?

( Have no sympathy for Client Connection (or IME ) btw, that just suprised me, I'd have thought it would be 2-5% )
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X