• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet Media Experts - staffbenefits.co.uk - NHS Intranet Advertising

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Please! B2B very questionable company are claiming money from me!

Originally posted by TTTTT View Post
    How did this conclude? I have had experience of this outfit.
    Hi,
    I am just about to embark on the same journey as 'penguinbars' and wondered if this has been concluded or is ongoing ?

Comment

We haven't heard back from him for a while, sadly many of these kind of threads get concluded without anyone coming back and telling us what happened.

Had you signed up to this same company for advertising on the NHS intranet ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
        We had signed up on February 13th 2014 as the salesman promised the earth but there was no mention of a rolling contract so as far as we were concerned it was for 24 months only ( we have the same contract as penguinbars ). I have had no notification regarding reminders with regard to the renewal and extremely poor customer service which I reiterated in my conversation with 'Nikki' this morning and have said that we will seek legal advice. I did follow one of penguinbars links to Companies House and yes indeed the company with which we signed with were dissolved on 14th October 2015. I also have an email from a customer of ours, on May 15th 2015, who works as a manager for the NHS stating that she could not find or even log on to this offer / website. Any advice on a way to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Are they invoicing you for renewal ? or have they just taken money ?

What company name are they invoicing you under ? Internet media experts (UK) limited ?

Landline: 0845 519 4545
          Email: sales@staffbenefits.co.uk
          Address:
          Internet Media Experts
          No. 1 Poultry
          London
          EC2R 8JR
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Do they give you a list of 'intranets' they purport to advertise your business on?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

They are invoicing us for renewal which they have said has automatically commenced (!)... cheques to be made payable to Internet Media Experts UK Ltd, Centurion House, 129 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WR. Our contract was with Internet Media Experts Ltd, No.1 Poultry, London, EC2R 8JR.

Comment

Norfolk and Norwich Trust, which I was told would be all of the NHS trusts operating within Norfolk - this would equate to 12800 hospital staff, 72 walk in centres equating to another 8600 staff

Comment

Have you spoken with the trust about whether they carry the staff benefits scheme from Internet Media Experts UK Ltd on their intranet ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I haven't spoken to the trust directly but have the email from the manager states that she could not find or log on to it. Over the past 12 months I have asked for another NHS staff member to view our advert and it was the same answer. I have kindly asked, via email today for another verification of the site via the intranet. Would it be advisable to contact the trust directly for verification? I have also viewed the sites that penguinbars had provided links to with regard to Staff Benefits and you can certainly see the pattern and comments of some very disgruntled business's who have made the same mistake

Comment

Just thinking if you can get something from the Trust direct in writing that you advert has never appeared on their site through Internet Media whatsits - it will help you making a complaint.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Just thinking if you can get something from the Trust direct in writing that you advert has never appeared on their site through Internet Media whatsits - it will help you making a complaint.
                        I will try and make contact with the Trust as soon as possible. Just to clarify, as they have issued an invoice in the new company name does that not mean that our the contract we hold is null and void as the old company were dissolved?

Comment

Not necessarily, the rights and obligations of the contract will have been assigned to the new company. You could ask them for evidence of the assignment of the contract.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello Smartharley,

I am now embroiled with this spurious company. I imagine I'm in exactly the same boat as you. We are in Norwich so I'd be hugely grateful if you could share a Norolk NHS Trust contact I could follow up with. I have one of my Dr friends looking on her intranet to see if there is any advert visible there. I'll post any results soon.

Thanks for any help in advance

Comment

Originally posted by LastKingOfNorwich View Post
                              Hello Smartharley,

I am now embroiled with this spurious company. I imagine I'm in exactly the same boat as you. We are in Norwich so I'd be hugely grateful if you could share a Norolk NHS Trust contact I could follow up with. I have one of my Dr friends looking on her intranet to see if there is any advert visible there. I'll post any results soon.

Thanks for any help in advance
                              Hi LastKingOfNorwich,

I know how you are feeling! Cant share my contact as you can imagine on here. What day, month and year did you sign up with them?

Look forward to hearing back from you soon

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm in the same situation with StaffBenefits.

I would suggest you ask Internet Media Experts for a copy of their agreement with your local NHS. I did, and was surprised the copy I received wasn't signed by anyone at my local NHS, it had a name typed up in one of those fancy type fonts to fake a signature, it was clearly pixelated.

Possible fraud on Internat Media Experts behalf ?

You can't lose by asking for a copy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X