• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantis Credit Ltd chasing HMRC late return fees...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advantis Credit Ltd chasing HMRC late return fees...

ok, many thanks for the advice.

Comment

Rumour has it.
      These letters for payments on behalf of Work & Pensions are Scam.
      Payment requests look very professional but are actually a way of parting you from your money.
      When you owe nothing.

Ignore or report to trading standards.

Comment

Advantis credit collect for HMRC well known that they are lame ducks as well, do not go to trading standards as you will look a fool!

If you don't pay your tax bill: Debt collection agencies - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk/if-you-dont-pay-your-tax-bill/debt-collection-agencies

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Thejoker View Post
        Rumour has it.
        These letters for payments on behalf of Work & Pensions are Scam.
        Payment requests look very professional but are actually a way of parting you from your money.
        When you owe nothing.

Ignore or report to trading standards.

This post is misleading info they are not spammers, but many found ignoring their begging letters works, pls check the correctness of comments before posting?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
          Advantis credit collect for HMRC well known that they are lame ducks as well, do not go to trading standards as you will look a fool!

If you don't pay your tax bill: Debt collection agencies - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk/if-you-dont-pay-your-tax-bill/debt-collection-agencies

- - - Updated - - -

This post is misleading info they are not spammers, but many found ignoring their begging letters works, pls check the correctness of comments before posting?

My landlord received a debt collection letter today.
          Confused, they checked with their accountant, who advised there was no money outstanding or due.
          And told landlord this company are not reputable and not to be trusted about claims for money.

Sounds like SCAMMERS to me.
          They maybe recognised as official debt collectors, that does not mean they are a honest company completely.

Comment

Adventist don't own the debt so there's no assignment they just act as debt collection agents for hmrc. Always just deal with hmrc directly. If this is outstanding self assessment tax or penalties it won't just go away. If it's late filing penalties you can appeal against it if there's good reason( we've just done that as other half signed up for self assessment unnecessarily then did nothing else .... till I opened post to find a £1k fine lol )

I'd get your landlord to check direct with hmrc rather than relying on accountant. If accountant has made an error.... etc
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Adventist don't own the debt so there's no assignment they just act as debt collection agents for hmrc. Always just deal with hmrc directly. If this is outstanding self assessment tax or penalties it won't just go away. If it's late filing penalties you can appeal against it if there's good reason( we've just done that as other half signed up for self assessment unnecessarily then did nothing else .... till I opened post to find a £1k fine lol )

I'd get your landlord to check direct with hmrc rather than relying on accountant. If accountant has made an error.... etc

I will certainly suggest they check with HMRC directly.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X