• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Portfolio Chasing Money Not Owed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Portfolio Chasing Money Not Owed

A few years back my wife started getting letters from Three Mobile claiming that she had an account with them and had been sent a phone hand set. She disputed this over a number of correspondences until they eventually sold the alleged debt for money owing to Lowell Portfolio. She more recently sent Lowell a letter asking for the proof of the allegations however they have not been able to supply any evidence that my wife opened an account with Three Mobile or ever received a hand set from them. She threatened them with legal action if they continued to harass her but they have ignored this. Do we have a case for action and claiming an hourly rate for time spent dealing with the matter? What other alternatives are there? Thanks in anticipation.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Portfolio Chasing Money Not Owed

Originally posted by hhawk View Post
    A few years back my wife started getting letters from Three Mobile claiming that she had an account with them and had been sent a phone hand set. She disputed this over a number of correspondences until they eventually sold the alleged debt for money owing to Lowell Portfolio. She more recently sent Lowell a letter asking for the proof of the allegations however they have not been able to supply any evidence that my wife opened an account with Three Mobile or ever received a hand set from them. She threatened them with legal action if they continued to harass her but they have ignored this. Do we have a case for action and claiming an hourly rate for time spent dealing with the matter? What other alternatives are there? Thanks in anticipation.
    Good morning welcome.

1. You could sending and invoice for time spent dealing with Lowell's attempts to pursue the alleged debt, but I doubt they will responded.
    Unless a formal letter of complaint or letter before action was sent I'm not surprised the letter was ignored.

I suggest the following

For the Person Attention of:

Mr Andrew Bartle
    Chief Operating Officer
    The Lowell Group
    Ellington House
    9 Savannah Way
    Leeds Valley Park
    Leeds
    LS10 1AH

Date:

Ref: use theirs.

Dear Mr Bartle:

Formal Complaint: Harassment.

Dear Mr Bartle,

I refer you to correspondence from Lowell Portfolio regarding an alleged debt arising from an account with Three Mobile, please take not of the following points:

1. I am not know nor ever have been a customer of Three Mobile.

2. I do not acknowledge any liability to the Lowell Group of Companies.

3. The Level of contact from Lowell has reached an unacceptable level and given that Lowell has previously informed that it is pursuing the wrong person the conduct of Lowell now amounts to harassment.

I now require Lowell to cease all contact with me immediately and after confirming in writing that it has complied with these instruction will remove all data realting to me from its records howsoever these records are held.

I would expect Lowell to now consider a reasonable sum of financial redress for its conduct in this matter and for the anxiety and distress caused.

Failing a favourable response within 14 days from the date hereon I will make a report to the FCA regarding the conduct of Lowell and its fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

Yours etc.

Use signed for post check delivery.

If you have copies of letters to and from Lowell attach copies with the letter.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nemesis45

Comment

hello hhawk
        I have been having exactly the same problem with Lowell, albeit with a different phone company. Lowell have, after an 8 week investigation, admitted they can find no evidence of myself ever having had an account with T-Mobile but up until now have steadfastly refused to compensate me for the solicitors fees I have incurred. I have now E-Mailed Mr Cornell, Lowell's CEO and at the present time am waiting for a reply. I too would welcome any advice on what action I can take to recover my expenses. If I have any luck I will message you again. Billy the Kid

Comment

Originally posted by Billy The KId View Post
          hello hhawk
          I have been having exactly the same problem with Lowell, albeit with a different phone company. Lowell have, after an 8 week investigation, admitted they can find no evidence of myself ever having had an account with T-Mobile but up until now have steadfastly refused to compensate me for the solicitors fees I have incurred. I have now E-Mailed Mr Cornell, Lowell's CEO and at the present time am waiting for a reply. I too would welcome any advice on what action I can take to recover my expenses. If I have any luck I will message you again. Billy the Kid
          Hello Billy the Kid
          We had our problem solved when no evidence could be provided that an account with the Phone company had ever been opened. We had incurred no legal fees in the process. Can the solicitor who took your money not suggest a way forward here?

Comment

Originally posted by hhawk View Post
            Hello Billy the Kid
            We had our problem solved when no evidence could be provided that an account with the Phone company had ever been opened. We had incurred no legal fees in the process. Can the solicitor who took your money not suggest a way forward here?
            I have a receipt but Lowell are adamant I am not getting any compensation. Seems to me they are a win win situation. if they are right you have to pay, if they are wrong tough , do your worst. Anyone know Cornell the CEO's home address. If he will not reply to my E-mails I will write to him at home. Anyone?

Thanks Billy the Kid.

Comment

I have a receipt but Lowell are adamant I am not getting any compensation. Seems to me they are a win win situation. if they are right you have to pay, if they are wrong tough , do your worst. Anyone know Cornell the CEO's home address. If he will not reply to my E-mails I will write to him at home. Anyone?

Thanks Billy the Kid.
              I don't think writing to his home address is a good idea. You need advice from a decent solicitor, who, if they believe there is a case' will handle on your behalf -perhaps on a 'no win no fee' basis. It is common practice of companies like Lowell to ignore individuals asking for compensation in the hope they will give up and go away. Once a professional is on their case they soon change their tune.

Comment

Thanks Billy the Kid.
                Not a move I would recommend at all.

What has Lowell responded with?

Perhaps you should tackle 3 Mobile they sold the allegedly non existent account.

nem

Comment

Cheers hhawk, I will probably go down that route, no win no fee, but these bounty hunting ba*****s at Lowell make me so angry with their attitude if we are right you have to pay, if we are wrong so what? I could grrrrrrrrrrrrr. not very professional I know but..................all the best mate, Billy the Kid

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X