• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest added default account to experian 7 weeks before drop off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest added default account to experian 7 weeks before drop off

Hello just looking for a little advice please if possible i have been trying so hard to clean up my credit reports due to silly mistakes years ago and seem to be getting somewhere now but today noticed that Capquest have added an account on my experian credit report at my old address with a default date of 12/10/2009 so around 7 weeks before the 6 year fall off. They have always reported this account to callcredit and they update it every month with them its also listed on equifax but only updated it once in November 2011 when they must of purchased this debt. But they have today listed it with experian and backdated all the default months from Nov 2011 as if they have always reported to experian again confirmed with experian today its never been listed before. Do you think they could be doing this now with the intention of getting a CCJ before the 6 years run out or am i just looking to much into it ? Only thinking like that because its exactly what MKDP did in January this year to me and got a default judgment as it was sent to my previous address but that was 11 months before the 6 year fall off. Any help would be great thank you all in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest added default account to experian 7 weeks before drop off

Originally posted by wenglish1984 View Post
    Hello just looking for a little advice please if possible i have been trying so hard to clean up my credit reports due to silly mistakes years ago and seem to be getting somewhere now but today noticed that Capquest have added an account on my experian credit report at my old address with a default date of 12/10/2009 so around 7 weeks before the 6 year fall off. They have always reported this account to callcredit and they update it every month with them its also listed on equifax but only updated it once in November 2011 when they must of purchased this debt. But they have today listed it with experian and backdated all the default months from Nov 2011 as if they have always reported to experian again confirmed with experian today its never been listed before.
    The significant point here is the default date itself, if it's still showing as October 2009, then it should drop off by the end of the year, as it's six years from when a default is recorded. As long as the default date itself hasn't been 'updated' to 2011, then the whole thing will just vanish into oblivion. :thumb:

Do you think they could be doing this now with the intention of getting a CCJ before the 6 years run out or am i just looking to much into it ?
    The default date on your credit file has nothing to do with limitation for the purpose of SBd so messing about with your credit file wouldn't help them get a CCJ. :nono:

Only thinking like that because its exactly what MKDP did in January this year to me and got a default judgment as it was sent to my previous address but that was 11 months before the 6 year fall off. Any help would be great thank you all in advance
    They got default judgment because you didn't receive the claim so were not able to defend it. :ohwell: Just because a debt no longer shows on your credit file it doesn't mean a claim cannot be issued, nor does it mean the debt is SBd. A lot of people make payments after defaulting, offer token payments, enter into DMPs, etc. so the debts are not SBd years after dropping off. :mmph:

It's always a good idea to ensure either your creditors have an up-to-date address for you or you have access to post that arrives at your old address (forwarding, RM redirection, collection, etc.) so as to avoid default judgment, which could be obtained even after the debt is SBd. :scared: SBd is an absolute defence but it's a procedural defence, meaning you need to submit a defence to win. Default judgment is a purely administrative procedure, it's entered upon the claimant's request when there's no response from the defendant without anyone looking at the facts of the case.

Hope the above clarifies things. :grin:

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and great information as always i don't even know what this debt is for just states communications iv'e never spoke or paid towards it as only found it on my call credit report in November 2014 so was advised to just ignore it and let it fall off is it worth me asking them about this debt then or carry on ignoring it ? is there any way of finding out about it without accepting that its mine dont want to start the 6 years again

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and great information as always i don't even know what this debt is for just states communications iv'e never spoke or paid towards it as only found it on my call credit report in November 2014 so was advised to just ignore it and let it fall off is it worth me asking them about this debt then or carry on ignoring it ? is there any way of finding out about it without accepting that its mine dont want to start the 6 years again
        As explained above, the six years may not be the same for limitation (SBd) and credit reports. Defaults are supposed to be recorded three to six months after you stop making contractual payments, so it's possible this debt may already be SBd if the default was recorded months after you stopped paying.

A way to find out what the debt is for would be to send a CCA request to Crapquest, however, I wouldn't suggest doing so unless they made contact with you, as we can't be sure when exactly this debt will become SBd and we wouldn't want to open a can of worms. I am a firm believer in letting sleeping puppies snooze away...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X