• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Parking in Iceland car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Parking in Iceland car park

Hi, would you be able to advise me on a ticket I got in Iceland car park. I parked up using my blue badge as had 25 year old autistic son with me. I had not used this car park before and went to the machine to see if I had to pay or not. Quickly read through and couldnt immediately find the answer - son was getting a bit agitated as eager to get to the shops . I was going to pay the £1 rather than risk a ticket but there was a lady at the machine struggling - her £1 kept going straight through and she asked me to help her use the machine - I have seen one of these before in Bristol where you have to put your car reg in - not common in my area though. Anyway by now son really not happy and walking off towards shops - doesn't understand waiting etc. so I had to follow him. When I got back to my car I had a ticket which was issued 4 minutes after I left the car. Firstly a bit upset that the warden was no-where to be seen when myself and the other lady could have done with some help. Secondly a bit outraged as I feel their sign isn't clear - there is way too much information on it. Anyway appealed to them and they sent me back a very partronising letter saying I shouldn't assume I can park for free (I never do) and that if I didnt understand their sign I was free to leave at any time (not that easy with autistic person in tow). I then appealed to the Independent Appeals Service who have dismissed my claim as they say the signs are clear.I now have to pay £100 but really don't want to - what should I do ? I don't like this kind of thing and am inclined to just pay it but another part of me feels really hard done by - it is not easy going out and about with an autistic person and I feel I made a genuine attempt to abide by their rules but circumstances outside of my control meant i couldn't. I would appreciate any advice you can give me.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Parking in Iceland car park

I'd contact Iceland. Try the store manager, then the CEO and then social media.

I would then just file everything in a drawer unless i got a claim and they only issued 287 last year. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...96114.xls.html

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X