• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Retainer or Contracted agreement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retainer or Contracted agreement?

I spoke with a solicitor on the phone and I explained my legal problem to him. We discussed a set fee to take care of the legal issue and he set he could take care of it for £2000.00. He has now sent me a Client care letter asking for a £2000.00 retainer. Shouldn't he of sent me something stating that £2000.00 is the set fee for taking care of my issue and laying out what that issue is?
    Tags: None

Re: Retainer or Contracted agreement?

When I issue an engagement letter, I will make clear what my fixed fee is and, more importantly, what the fee covers. That way, I can be clear what I'm doing, and when I've done it.

A retainer is a little misleading, but I'd consider it a payment on account.

- - - Updated - - -

May I ask what the legal problem is? As far as my hourly rate is concerned (assuming no dibs) that's over 11 hours!

Comment

The issue pertains to a post probate situation in which I hired solicitors to act as my POA in respects to my 'Grant of administration', the solicitor seemed to be quite lacking and a situation of distrust came about due to his claims not being fulfilled. So I'm now left with either going cap in hand to a law group I don't trust or finding another solicitor to pick up the ball and take on a moderately contentious probate.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_1207 View Post
        A retainer is a little misleading,
        For a fuller picture suggest you read OP's other threads.
        The situation is a little more involved!

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          For a fuller picture suggest you read OP's other threads.
          The situation is a little more involved!
          It's not practical to have to check to see if every person is posting in other forums, but thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_1207 View Post
            It's not practical to have to check to see if every person is posting in other forums, but thanks.
            Agree, but I was steering you towards other threads on THIS forum, where your knowledge may also be of assistance

Comment

My thoughts are, if after reading of my predicament or any of my posts, should you see or come across anything you think might be relevant, then maybe it can be cross linked to my query. Just saying. Any and all information I acquire I'm sure could be helpful to my situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X