• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allied international calling constantly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Allied international calling constantly

are there templates for these letters which i can use as i am concerned about not putting enough in the letters or more importantly putting to much which may land me in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by exmanc View Post
      are there templates for these letters which i can use as i am concerned about not putting enough in the letters or more importantly putting to much which may land me in trouble.
      Yes, sorry, I thought I'd posted up the links, here you go:
      Only the SAR letter which is sent separately to the original lender requires a fee (£10). Send the two envelopes recorded delivery. :thumb:

Comment

Thanks again Flaming parrot, the information has helped me immensely as i thought all this was a lost cause and i didnt know where to start in dealing with it, you have put my mind at ease as i now feel i have some form of direction to address the situation. Regarding the harassment letter template, is there a more simple version of this as the one you provided mentions payments which does not apply to me as i am actually questioning the debt in question and if i used the template you have provided could that be classed as an acknowledgement of the debt or would you just suggest editing the template. I have also searched online for templates but im worried i use one which uses laws which dont apply to the uk.

Comment

The template letters are just that, templates, a bit like the ones that come with Word if you see what I mean, meant to give you a starting point but they need adjusting to suit particular circumstances. The letter could be amended to something like this, where any specific mention of the debt or payments has been removed. The bit in red may or may not apply depending on whether you've already asked them to stop calling you or you just refuse to answer/go through security/hang up. :thumb:

Dear Sirs

DATE

I am writing to place you on notice that your company is causing me alarm and distress due to the frequency of the telephone calls which I am receiving, both at home and at my place of work. Whenever the telephone rings, I am left feeling anxious and ill at the prospect of speaking again with your company. Please be clear that these calls are far beyond a simple irritation or an unwanted interference, they fall clearly within the definition of Harassment. The calls at my place of work also have the potential to affect my employment.

[I have asked for these calls to cease however I have been told by your staff that they will continue to telephone me even though I have made it clear that I do not wish to discuss this matter further via the telephone.]

I have received calls from …………………… On the following dates:
          1)
          2)
          3)
          (cont’d overleaf if required)

I require you to ensure that the recordings of these calls are secured and protected and above all must not be deleted, erased or tampered with as they will be key evidence in a claim which I am preparing to bring against your company. Destruction of these records may lead to contempt of court proceedings being brought against you.

I require these calls to cease with immediate effect; I will not discuss any matters with your company by telephone. I draw your attention to the Court of Appeal ruling in Roberts v Bank of Scotland PLC (Rev1) [2013] EWCA Civ 882.

I require you to confirm by return that you have secured and protected the recordings of the calls detailed above, I also require you to confirm that these calls will cease with immediate effect. Relevant numbers to remove from your system are listed below.

If you persist in telephoning me, I will issue an application for an injunction under The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and I shall also seek damages for the same on the principles laid down in Roberts v Bank of Scotland [2013].

I trust you will treat this as a matter of extreme urgency.

Yours sincerely XXXXXX

LIST OF NUMBERS NUMBERS AFFECTED:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X