• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A thank you to Vodafone!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thank you to Vodafone!

Hi,
    Its been 2 years since I posted, over an issue with Vodafone for a stolen phone and a £1300 call bill from the kind thieves that took it. Anyone that wants to read the 7 pages -

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...one-was-stolen!!

A brief summary, in bullet points to make it easier to go through -
    • I was doing some building work in East London when someone walked into the shop and stole my phone.
    • I went to a phonebox and called Vodafone to report it stolen.
    • 2 days later, I went to Carphone Warehouse and spoke to Vodafone to ask for the PAC code.
    • I recieved a bill for £1350 for calls made during the two days (continuous calls to Romania)

The whole situation was quite stressful, even trying to expain my situation in the original post to this forum. Some members questioned me, as I never reported the incident to the police (was told it was a waste of time in Hackney) and I never recieved a code from Vodafone when it was reported. Both of these seem obvious in hindsight but not when you are walking around lost in a strange area. Other members were very supportive and I really do thank them for this.
    Having to explain a situation that sounds implausible to some is hard, especially when you know you have not done anything wrong in the first place. But, I also was aware that I had not done some things right (like reporting the phone stolen, which I did later on, and not asking for the code)

Anyway, that is not the reason for this post.

When I put my case out there, I was contacted by Lee, who works for Vodafone's Social Media Communications and posts here on this forum. Over the following months, he took my case on board and dealt with it personally.
    Because there was no record of my initial call or a recording of the conversation during my susequent call two days later, the case was left as unresolved. However, due to Lee, he has managed to have the charge waivered as a gesture of goodwill, and I wanted to publically thank him for this.
    Large companies come across as faceless and personal cases get overlooked and dragged through generic rulings which are often unfair. Even though my situation was not my fault, I know that I made mistakes and have to hold my hand up and accept that the problem I had with Vodafone could have been avoided if I was thinking straight at the time. There was no way I would have ever paid a bill that I know was not my fault, but the thought of having to drag this through any legislative process was not pleasant and quite daunting.
    I am sure Vodafone are set up to cope with such things and so their goodwill gesture is purely due to Lee and his understanding and sympathy to my particular case as for this I am greatly appreciative.
    Last edited by Kati; 1st August 2015, 15:54:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: A thank you to Vodafone!

Hi sonnyboy,

Thanks for taking the time to update the forum to confirm that your case has now been resolved.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X