• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tomlinson Order with Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomlinson Order with Restons

Good Noon All,

I currently have a Tomlinson Order with Restons and i only agreed to start paying them as they got a court order.

Now, ive been told what i should have done what to send them a CCA ( a prove it ) and if they couldnt, i wouldnt have had to pay anything.

Is it too late now to send them a CCA and if they cannot prove anything, will i be able to claim any money back i have so far paid them ?

Thanks
    Q
    Tags: None

Re: Tomlinson Order with Restons

any ideas ? would like to know if can stop Tomlin order and not be penalised.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
      Good Noon All,

I currently have a Tomlinson Order with Restons and i only agreed to start paying them as they got a court order.

Now, ive been told what i should have done what to send them a CCA ( a prove it ) and if they couldnt, i wouldnt have had to pay anything.

Is it too late now to send them a CCA and if they cannot prove anything, will i be able to claim any money back i have so far paid them ?

Thanks
      Q
      Hello Q,

A Tomlin (consent) order is usual used to stop a judgement by arrangement agreed by the parties to claim, do you mean you agreed to the TO as a claim has been issued?

If a judgement has been made then a CCA request has no value the judgement order supercedes it totally.

nem

Comment

If you agreed to a Tomlin Order it would have been because they'd issued a claim that you were not confident to defend. The order stays proceedings as long as you keep to the terms but if you default, they can request judgment. :scared:

Technically the claimant whoever they were (not Restons acting for them) would still have a duty to respond to a CCA request since judgment has not been obtained and it will only cost you £1, however, non compliance with a CCA request wouldn't give you the right to stop payments under the order, let alone claim back any payments already made.

Also note that a prove it letter is not the same as a CCA request made under ss77-79 of the CCA.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          A Tomlin (consent) order is usual used to stop a judgement by arrangement agreed by the parties to claim, do you mean you agreed to the TO as a claim has been issued?

If a judgement has been made then a CCA request has no value the judgement order supercedes it totally.
          Indeed a judgment would also end their duty to respond to a CCA request, however, if there is a Tomlin in place, that would mean judgment hasn't been obtained, the whole purpose of the order would have been to stay proceedings and avoid the judgment being made.

Comment

ahhh - maybe i should have done a CCA in the beginning, as i have been paying a few months now, and only a few hundred quid to go.

Ah well...

Thanks All.

Comment

hello all,

This Tomlin order debt is coming to and end.
              However, when i asked for a statement,m i noticed they have added an £80 and £60 court costs and charges,

This never actually went to court, should i still be paying this ?

|Thanks

Comment

anyone?

as id like to know where i stand before restons get back to me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X