• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DMP, defaults, CCJs and more :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DMP, defaults, CCJs and more

Hi BBBSheep

you might find this article interesting as it covers many of the the points you raised: http://debtcamel.co.uk/paying-old-debt/. Do note the point about trying to reclaim PPI even if you think you never paid any or you don't think it was missold.

I disagree with nem that

I'm sorry to say that even if this and the other debts were paid off they will still have a major impact on mortgage application, the questionnaires now used in mortgage applications are intrusive in the extreme and all will have to come out.
    If a full and final settlement is made on a debt which has already dropped off your credit file, it doesn't reappear. And it is likely to take you a while to save up a deposit, by which time your DMP will be ancient history and not appearing on your last years bank statements etc. Of course it is possible that a lender may ask if you have ever had a DMP, but most won't. if you want to get a mortgage, then F&Fs are your best option just so you can clear the debt as fast as possible and start saving for a deposit. Another article and DMPs and mortgages that may be of interest: http://debtcamel.co.uk/dmp-mortgage/

Comment

Re: DMP, defaults, CCJs and more

Thanks DebtCamel. I have done a PPI claim and received £1500 which went towards paying a chunk of my debt off before I went into my DMP.

I'm definitely going to look into F&F settlement figures and see how much I can get them paid off for - as you say, the sooner the better. Re deposit, in a couple of years we're hoping to get a mortgage and my partners parents have promised a lump sum as a gift to help with the deposit so on that front we're ok, but obviously anything that can be saved between now and then would help with costs and keeping the amount we want to borrow down.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X