• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will, Claim under Inheritance act 1975 1,1,e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will, Claim under Inheritance act 1975 1,1,e

My aunt (68 now!Father's younger brothers widow) lost her house in 2011, on some bad investments and my father(then 82) allowed her to come stay with him and look after him. She has been claiming pension benefits and has been on the housing list throughout. His will names me as the executor and sole beneficiary(no sibling) but she wants to make a claim under Inheritance Act 1975 1,1,e, claiming he was maintaining her. There was no money given to her, for her lodging and food she took him to hospital appointments and fed him and took him to his Rotary meetings. Can any legal beagle weigh in on her chances of success?
    She put a Caveat on the probate and I have issued her with a Warning, awaiting answer!(will was made 12 years ago by a solicitor and properly drawn and witnessed).The solicitor I have engaged doesn't claim she does. However he wants me to settle! So I am a little confused! I have limited money to and it costs a lot to talk to him, need some Help!
    Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X