• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Control Account Plc Letter Before Claim - re Fedex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Account Plc Letter Before Claim - re Fedex

My daughter received a letter from Control Accounts Plc advising that she should pay FedEx import tax charges. She is actually working abroad and I picked up the first letter when I visited my flat in London - where she lives when she is in the UK.
    I e mailed Control Accounts straight away to advise them that she was not in the country and she wouldn't be back until the end of Nov 2015.
    They obviously can't speak to me but I managed to get in touch with my daughter and she e mailed them to let them know they could speak to me - I have very little contact with my daughter so I was t aware she had done this until today.
    I was in London again this weekend and found another letter - a Letter Before Claim. I immediately e mailed them again to remind them that she is not in the country and the flat she is in actually belongs to me - she has no assets.
    Today they phoned me. And now an £18 import charge is over £80. In my first e mail I advised that I would pay the import charge - even though I don't know what it's for or if it's actually due but I would not pay any of the charges as I assume my daughter has not received any bills. They said that I could do that but they couldn't tell me if they would waive the charges.
    Today when I spoke to them they said the exact same thing. The charges will not be waived. I am now waiting on their manager calling me back. Any suggestions as to how I can get the charges waived?
    it was for a pandora charm - a gift from her friend in USA. My daughter did not sign for it- the lady in the concierge did and she was not advised that there would be tax due. I told the company it was a gift but she sai that it dd not say that on the form so the tax is due.
    i would really appreciate any advice as I don't want her to have to come home to all this stress.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Control Account Plc Letter Before Claim - re Fedex

Hi welcome to LB,

Common problem with FedEx it seems they have raised outrageous charges on an £18 import duty.
    Some with this same problem have in the past ignored Control Account and paid the import duty alone
    to FedEx it's well worth a try.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X