• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where can I obtain a deed of renunciation form?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I obtain a deed of renunciation form?

Hi all,

As in the title, my sister-in-law would like to step down as executor of a will due to ill-health. There is no probate granted and my wife and her sister are the only executors. Is there a standard form to complete or is it to the solicitors I go? I've searched on here but couldn't find the answer to my question.

Many thanks all in advance,

Kind Regards,
    Lba.
    Tags: None

Re: Where can I obtain a deed of renunciation form?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...afkLM4_c25DPKA

This should do it

Comment

Note that she cannot renounce if she has already intermeddled with the estate.

Comment

Ah that's great, thanks PaulaJayne. Thanks also Des8, nothing has been meddled with so far so should be good to go. Does anyone know where to send this form? I have rung the probate registry in Cardiff who say they have nothing to do with this sort of thing.

Kind Regards,
        Lba.

Comment

You say probate hasn't been granted. Is the estate large enough to warrant probate?
          If not, just file the deed of renunciation with the will in case anybody queries things.
          Otherwise send it with the Probate application form to the district probate registry,
          From your post I suspect the office is:
          Cardiff Probate Registry of Wales 3rd Floor Cardiff Magistrates Court Fitzalan Place Cardiff South Wales CF24 0RZ.

Comment

Thanks Des,

Yes, I thought it would be Cardiff Probate Registry but as I said in earlier post, they said they didn't have anything to do with executors wanting to stand down. Saying that, the chap I spoke to didn't sound too confident in his advice tho. My mum-in-law passed away last year, we did attempt to apply for probate because my mum-in-law had £15,000 in investments, but it was released to my dad-in-law after I kicked up a bit of a fuss, plus it was such a hastle which my daid-in-law couldn't deal with. So now it's his house which my dad-in-law (he's still alive) has left to my wife in his will.
            Kind Regards,
            Lba.

Comment

The deed of renunciation has to be filed at the probate office along with the will. Probate won't be granted unless this has been done.

I know as I have just been through it.

Another solicitor was executor and when my Mum passed I wanted my solicitors to do probate. Mine filled out the form signed by both and then sent off with the probate forms

Comment

Thanks BB41,
                Sorry about the loss of your Mum. We didn't intend on applying for Probate. Would Probate be neccessary if one executor wishes to stand down would you know?
                BW,
                Lba.

Comment

Probate is not normally necessary if the estate passes to surviving spouse/civil partner because it was held in joint names and doesn't include land/real property or shares.
                  Small estates don't generally require probate.

If executor wishes to stand down, if probate is not required because the will is simple and the estate small, just file a copy of the deed of renunciation with the will.
                  If you think matters are going to become contentious, then file for probate and include the deed of renunciation

Comment

When I dealt with {robate for my Dad a simple letter of renunciation was all that was needed.

Comment

It is a tough time and thank you for expressing condolences, It's been very hard as it was the last of my family, feel like Billy no mates now :-(

My Dads was a different ball game as he did make a will but in-between making it and him dying he divorced my Mum but still wanted everything left to her, it also included my brother who was killed in an accident so the will didn't stand.

A business, partners all sorts and it took 7 years to sort out so this time my Mum arranged everything and we even had time to go through her funeral with her. Not a pleasant time but if she couldn't control the ill ness then she could at least take control of the end.

I hope yours is straight forward xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X