• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor Problem and DWP.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solicitor Problem and DWP.

Originally posted by Misslindi View Post
    Hi, Regarding complaints. What do you do if the Solicitor is the senior partner? X
    All the more reason to complain to him and expect (require!) a satisfactory response. :tinysmile_kiss_t4

Comment

It is not always the senior partner you complain to, it depends on the structure. Some firms have managing partners .

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        It is not always the senior partner you complain to, it depends on the structure. Some firms have managing partners .
        Quite right Jon!:caked:

I was perhaps rather hastily assuming it was one and the same.

It's usually correct to complain to the Managing Partner, although some firms have a specific "complaints manager" to whom complaints should be addressed. That should all be clearly explained in the copy of their official complaints procedure, which should have been given to you at the outset, Misslindi x

Comment

I only know cos I had to complain to a firm once

I do hope this gets sorted as those fees seem dreadfully high. I know when Dad died Mum and my sister were executors but basically put everything in the hands of the local solicitor . I do not know what the total cost was but if Mum says it was reasonable, trust me , if was a fraction of that-she has Yorkshire blood in her

Comment

I do hope this gets sorted as those fees seem dreadfully high.
            Couldn't agree more - especially since it's only fees "so far" on a relatively uncomplicated Will that should be straightforward to administer (apart from the DWP blip, which is more of a waiting game and couldn't justify so many hours of highly qualified time :tinysmile_hmm_t2: ).

Wonder what they'll come up with :lie: ? x

Comment

Would be interesting to know how the will was drafted.
              Was the solicitors' right to remuneration provided for in the Will, and if so did it specify how such fees are to be calculated?
              Probably not and so open cheque book for the solicitor .

The solicitor's client is the deceased, not the beneficiaries who will have no say in the matter., "the trouble is ... the client is dead" and guess who drafted the Will.

Hence you need to push your rights as coexecutor to ensure the other executors work for the benefit of the estate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X