• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Claim received from Northampton County Court Business Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim received from Northampton County Court Business Centre

Originally posted by VampireG View Post
    We have received today another document from CEL, which I believe is a statement of truth again signed by Mr Schwarts, with another copy of the Coop letter they had previously supplied. I will see if I can get these scanned this weekend for your amusement, bearing in mind they have assigned the debt to another company they have simply just confirmed their lie!
    Yup sounds like they can't even read.

M1

Comment

Hi All,

Been away for a week, so sorry for lack of updates.

We have had a letter from the court stating our defence has been received and it is being passed CEL / Solicitor, they have 28 days to now actually take this to court.

So I will keep you posted.

Thanks for everything you have done so far.

Kind Regards
      Greg

Comment

Hi All,

So we have received something else from the Court.

Notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track.

We have a small claims track questionnaire to fill in.

Sorry to sound dumb, but what is this?

It is asking do we agree that this claim should go under the small claims track? And do we want mediation service?

What shall we do? We have until the 7th September to fill the form in.

Thanks
        Greg

Comment

Just about to go out so hopefully [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] can link her allocation guide.

The answers are yes & yes.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1 I will see if @Amethyst can guide us.

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track

M1

Comment

Thanks, will fill this in tomorrow and get it in the post.

Comment

Just an update, we have sent back the Small Claims Track form, which needed to be back by the 7th September. We have heard nothing from the court nor anything from CEL regarding our original defence either.

We had a letter on the 7th August from the court stating our defence had been accepted, and a copy had been sent to CEL, and it was in there hands to proceed if they wished they had 28 days I believe.

So we wait

Comment

Should we have heard something by now?

Comment

The wheels of justice are slow, unless your deadline is near

Anytime you are concerned that it's too slow and you are concerned that things are too slow and something might be wrong (missing post etc) pick up the phone and call the court :okay:

M1

Comment

We have done and sent everything back that we have been instructed to. I guess it was more the point that the defence would have been sent to CEL and they have 28 days to do something. I assume we would be notified if CEL wanted to continue to case? If my math is correct, and depending whether it is 28 business days or just 28 days, but that would have about passed.

Comment

After allocation, which you did earlier, the court sets the timetable. It's up to the court to set the date. I'd just give them a call to be safe.

M1

Comment

Hi All,

So the court has left a message on our answerphone today, saying that all parties want Mediation? They require us to call them back, before I do, can I just ask really stupid question please? What happens next in this process?

My wife is getting nervous now.

Can I do the call on my wife's behalf?

Thanks
                            Greg
                            Last edited by VampireG; 15th September 2015, 17:45:PM.

Comment

She can ask for you to do it on her behalf and there is no issue that i know of to prevent it. I suspect she will be ask for permission at the start.

You only speak to the mediator. They may try and pressure you but if you know what you want and stand firm you'll either get it or go to court. The court should not be made aware of discussions during mediation.

M1

Comment

Ok right I see.

Ok well the stance should as you have already posted on another thread.

They should drop the case, as they don't own the debt. We have a letter from them in dated "whatever", they states the debt was passed to another company. We would prefer the case to be dropped, else we will ask the court to review their contempt.

Or something like that!

Thanks
                                G

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X