• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowell lost case but readded Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowell lost case but readded Default

I Won a case againt lowell in nov 14 at the county court, for a credit card debt of £2000. lowell lost judge cited conflicting statements made by lowell on the debt and dimissed the case.

lowell added 300 in mar15 so debt now 2300(costs lowell wanted in claim) on my credit report. Just saw it on credit now debt will be off credit report on dec15.

Is their any action i can take to remove it now or is not worth doing? i also own lowell i overdraft accont of £600 to be stat barred same time as credit card.

Any help would be very welcome

Thanks

Pat
    Tags: None

Re: lowell lost case but readded Default

Originally posted by patric View Post
    I Won a case againt lowell in nov 14 at the county court, for a credit card debt of £2000. lowell lost judge cited conflicting statements made by lowell on the debt and dimissed the case.

lowell added 300 in mar15 so debt now 2300(costs lowell wanted in claim) on my credit report. Just saw it on credit now debt will be off credit report on dec15
    If a judge has already ruled the account unenforceable, it hardly matters whether they add anything on your credit report, as long as you haven't got a costs order from the court. These are unusual in small claims cases and not likely to be awarded against you if you won. You won't be paying either £2,000 or £2,300!. :grin:

Bear in mind others (such as lenders) don't see your credit report the same way you do, each company plugs into the CRA files using their own proprietary software and they don't get as much detail as you do. For the purposes of obtaining credit having an unsatisfied default of £2,000 or £2,300 won't make any difference. The dates are much more important than the amounts, as long as they are correct so the debts drop off six years after defaulting, that's what really matters. You've got just a few more months left before this drops off so not much reason for concern. :thumb:

Is their any action i can take to remove it now or is not worth doing? i also own lowell i overdraft accont of £600 to be stat barred same time as credit card.

The date when debts become SBd does not necessarily correspond with the default date on your credit file. It's immaterial for the purpose of the card above but with the overdraft, the clock starts when the bank issues a formal demand recalling the O/D. With smallish O/Ds, this can be some time after you stop paying into the current account, just bear that in mind, it won't run from the date of your last payment.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, how long has lowell got to appeal the ccj they try(and failed) to get out againt me?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, how long has lowell got to appeal the ccj they try(and failed) to get out againt me?
        That boat has long gone, the appeal has to be within 21 days. :thumb:

Comment

lowell added 300 in mar15 so debt now 2300(costs lowell wanted in claim) on my credit report. Just saw it on credit now debt will be off credit report on dec15.

Thanks

Pat
          Hi, Lowell cannot add their costs to claim they have lost to the debt.
          Lowell may well as they have done before try to sell off the increased debt.

I think you should place a notice of dispute/ correction on all credit files to
          which this has been reported.
          The default entry will remain for the remaining time left of the 6 years.

A formal complaint to Lowell about adding the costs of the failed claim is
          your next step address it to Andrew Bartle Chief Operating Officer of the
          Lowell Group 9 Savannah Way
          Leeds Valley Park
          Leeds
          LS10 1AH

The credit files on all 3 main agencies will most probably be displaying the account
          and it will still affect any credit applications until it's removed.

The CRA's will also contact Lowell in regard to the validity of the entry.
          nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X