• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming bank charges

Hello i;m Kazz

I have been with Barclay's Bank for nearly 15 yrs and i had sent them a letter last week asking for all my bank statements and data protection, i told them that i wanted to reclaim all my bank charges .

Today i received a letter saying in good gesture they have refunded my bank account for the last 6 bank charges over the last few months?
    Last edited by Kazz; 13th July 2015, 10:11:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Reclaiming bank charges

Can anyone advise me what i need to do next

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kazz View Post
      Hello i;m Kazz

I have been with Barclay's Bank for nearly 15 yrs and i had sent them a letter last week asking for all my bank statements and data protection, i told them that i wanted to reclaim all my bank charges as i was told that anyone in receipt of benefits should not be charged legally by their banks?

Today i received a letter saying that even though i'm on disability benefits they were still legally entitled to take my money for being over drawn on my account, but in good gesture they refunded my bank account for the last 6 bank charges over the last few months? I then had a phone call today asking me do i accept their offer but i told them NO. as i was legally in my rights to take reclaim over a certain amount of years?

Can anyone tell what i need to do now they had sent me a letter today stating that they have already refunded me the last 6 bank charges on my account? but i had told them i didn't accept their offer?
      Hi welcome to LB,

Since the now defunct Office of Fair Trading Lost a test case on charges there is little one can do, apart from notifying the bank of
      " hardship" as it seems you have done already.

Is the bank also saying the it will not charge you for unauthorised overdrafts in the future.

nem

Comment

Last edited by Kazz; 13th July 2015, 10:10:AM.

Comment

HI KAZZ, im in same situation as you ,ive had to go to financial ombudsman under hardship,they said the bank have already refunded 726 pounds they said the bank hallifax had acted fairly, and they sided with the bank i replied back and stated they have paid ppi of 726 pounds. over a period of 6 yrs they have took about 5000 pounds in bank charges out of my DLA and ESA. i dont know where to go from here

Comment

Contact FOS Financial Ombudsman Service see if they can help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X