• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

I found you online and wondered if you might be able to help point us in the right direction?

We have received the attached.

Checking all the forums at the time my wife got the PCN we decided they had no right to charge that amount for a small overstay on private car park and so took
    consensus advice at the time and ignored the letter.

We haven’t had any other notifications, reminders or court notices until then this arrived…. demanding £160..

What should we do next?

Any advice would really be much appreciated!

Regards,

Mark & Clare.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: DRP Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Hiya, I can't actually read the letter ( bit blurry ) - can you just give an overview of what it says. Ta, and Welcome to LB

Sharon xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Sharon

Wife is keeper and failed to pay a PCN on time and DRP are now trying to collect the payment plus costs.

The car was left overnight in a carpark adjacent to to tram station aledgedly in contravention of the detail on the signage displayed in the car park.
      Last edited by M4kr0; 11th July 2015, 22:52:PM.

Comment

Was the car park part of the tram station? Is it owned by a council ? Is it subject of Bye Laws?

Just asking as if it is then this would not be relevant land for the application of POFA and they cannot claim from the keeper and must claim from the driver, who they do not know, do they?

Edit your previous posts.

Comment

When was it ? pre Oct 2012 or post oct 2012 ?

Although in either case i'd ignore everything bar a letter before action and/or a court claim. (file everything though)

M1

Comment

Apologies pressed send before I finished!

We wondered what we would need to do to defend the demands of the collection company on behalf of the operator. The PCN was posted and supported by ANPR images and we can obtain images of the site layout and signage if it helps.

Kind regards,

Mark

Comment

Post 2012 - I believe the land is privately owned but I will double check..... thank you so much for your fast response.

Comment

They won't listen to anything you say. Your appeal options no longer exist. It's pay or see if the parking company have the balls to go to court.

Contacting them, unless you wish to pay, can never help you but may help them by giving them information or making you seem like a softer target to extract money from.

M1

Comment

It could very well be that the land is subject to byelaws and therefore POFA (and keeper liability) does not apply.
                  Se this page:
                  http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...dpost&p=996601

Seems like there are quite a few tickets issued in tramway car parks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X