• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Cabot VS ME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **DISCONTINUED** Cabot VS ME

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Yes issued then discontinued now what looks to me a compliant agreement has been produced, so the claim can be " revived".

nem
    No comment on the agreement having not read it, however reviving a discontinued claim is not easy and requires the courts permission.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      No comment on the agreement having not read it, however reviving a discontinued claim is not easy and requires the courts permission.

M1
      Quite so M1, but the agreement is convincing in my opinion.

nem

Comment

As M1 said, they have discontinued, so they would have to bring a new claim, they discontinued after you defended, so they need permission, and they should have had the documents before bringing the claim in the first place so it won't be a walk in the park for them (well we won't let it be so) second bite of the cherry and all that malarky I really wouldn't be worrying too much just yet. Of course if your finances have improved and you feel like making a low offer to get it out your hair you can (without prejudice!). also remember this agreement letter has come from Cabot, not their sols, so its unlikely Cabot know it was discontinued or the sols know they have now sent the docs, so I'd keep shtum for now.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          As M1 said, they have discontinued, so they would have to bring a new claim, they discontinued after you defended, so they need permission, and they should have had the documents before bringing the claim in the first place so it won't be a walk in the park for them (well we won't let it be so) second bite of the cherry and all that malarky I really wouldn't be worrying too much just yet. Of course if your finances have improved and you feel like making a low offer to get it out your hair you can (without prejudice!). also remember this agreement letter has come from Cabot, not their sols, so its unlikely Cabot know it was discontinued or the sols know they have now sent the docs, so I'd keep shtum for now.

I'd be telling them "you discontinued a claim". I'd prefer to add Feck off but a judge might see it so best not.

M1

Comment

Hi guys

First off, Thank you for your ever so encouraging comments and thoughts.

I did think about ringing them and telling them 'btw you discontinued etc' but as nemesis said it is rather convincing, but to pull out the agreement now is obvs not in their favour, depending on who the judge is! But I'll leave them to it for now, am I right in thinking that's the best thing to do ??

I wouldn't have minded paying them a lowly sum if they had been forthcoming with all documents etc but they hadn't and tried 'forcing' me into paying. So I'll play the game, so to speak.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X