• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Being forced to sell part of the building my business is in PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being forced to sell part of the building my business is in PLEASE HELP

Hi
    My brother in law was contacted by Barclays Bank who he has his business mortgage with to say that they were sending in a surveyor to survey one of his building s and force a sale. He defaulted on his business mortgage about 5 years ago and went in to arrears. He agreed a repayment plan which was initially for 12 months, he paid £150 per week and has been making those payments for the past four years. The original mortgage was never cancelled but did default but he thinks he may have made more payments that he would have done under the original terms of the mortgage.

We have done a SAR and I need to look at the documents (problem is that I live 500 miles away). He has also complained and said that he refuses to pay the £1200 for the surveyors to come in. They said that under the terms of his agreement they don't need his permission and will simply add the £1200 to his mortgage. He is refusing to agree to this and continuing to pay the £150 per week. We are sorting out a mandate so that I can speak to the recovery team to see exactly what the situation is, this will take a few days. Does anyone have any advise around how we stop these surveyors in the meantime. They haven't had anything formally in writing yet about their complaint not being upheld its all be done over the phone but will be followed up in writing. In the meantime the recovery team are expecting a phone call.

Any help of advice would be great.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X