• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax Payment and Bailiff Harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council Tax Payment and Bailiff Harassment

Hi again js15 !

The simplest answer I can give you here ( without knowing the exact full story ) is to provide the council with everything they ask for here with relation to providing evidence of identity. Don't on this occasion send original documents in the first instance but do photocopy everything clearly and possibly get someone at your local Citizens Advice Bureau to sign them to the effect that they are exact and true copies of the documents that you have copied. Their rubber stamp will do wonders!

This is of course assuming that you continue to deny any liability or involvement with the alleged residence. Remember that you don't have to own a property to have a council tax liability, you merely have to remain a primary resident. Even squatters can be subject to a council tax liability if ever their names were known!

If there is any doubt whatsoever to your claims then you do need to be frank in resolution. I spent 23 years debating such things with the public and its very easy to deny everything in the hope that it will go away. And to be fair, it's so easy to reach confusion especially if you were going through other demanding issues at the time. Please come back if you need any other help.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I would suggest that if you can go in person to see them.

Comment

Actually I couldn't agree more with that comment ... The only trouble is that local authorities are making it harder for people to make face to face contact. The reasons for that, I suspect, is reductions in public spending plus the authority's increasing desire to become anonymous!

Comment

You will find in actual fact that most Councils have outsourced their back offices to private companies. Also there have been instances of staff being assaulted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X