• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gothia and default on credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gothia and default on credit file

Hi - I'm new to this forum and would like to thank you in advance for your assistance.
    I checked my creditfiles this weekend and there is a default showing for £182 from a company called Gothia on Equifax. It is not showing on Callcredit or Experian.
    I know nothing about this debt which, it appears, is registered to my previous address. I had no letters/correspondance regarding it whilst there. I have since taken further credit since this date of default (November 2012) with no problems whatsoever. It was not showing on my files when I moved in December 2013. My files were in good order to enable me to move. There is no information in GAIN on any credit report.
    I have asked for a notice of correction to be posted on my file with Equifax. Where do I go from here?
    Any advice will be gratefully received please....................
    Last edited by jw1947; 6th July 2015, 13:35:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Gothia and default on credit file

Originally posted by jw1947 View Post
    Hi - I'm new to this forum and would like to thank you in advance for your assistance.
    I checked my creditfiles this weekend and there is a default showing for £182 from a company called Gothia on Equifax. It is not showing on Callcredit or Experian.
    I know nothing about this debt which, it appears, is registered to my previous address. I had no letters/correspondance regarding it whilst there. I have since taken further credit since this date of default (November 2012) with no problems whatsoever. It was not showing on my files when I moved in December 2013. My files were in good order to enable me to move. There is no information in GAIN on any credit report.
    I have asked for a notice of correction to be posted on my file with Equifax. Where do I go from here?
    Any advice will be gratefully received please....................

Just thought you would like to know that following their receipt of a 'prove it' letter on 14th July, Gothic have removed the default from my file. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Just thought you would like to know that following their receipt of a 'prove it' letter on 14th July, Gothic have removed the default from my file. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! :tinysmile_grin_t:
      Yes it would appear so, but keep a close eye on the credit reports just in case the debt has been sold on and the files have not been updated.

nem

Comment

I check them on a monthly basis now nemesis....... thank you ......... and if it does reappear, the same actions will be taken.

Comment

I check them on a monthly basis now nemesis....... thank you ......... and if it does reappear, the same actions will be taken.
          Gothia are well known for " dirty " tricks" it's good that you are up to speed on this.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X