• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Santander - 15-6-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd / Santander - 15-6-2015

I acknowledged the claim a while ago.

Comment

After acknowledgement you only have a specific time to file your defence. Unless granted an extension it is 33 days from date of claim. That was yesterday or today by my calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        After acknowledgement you only have a specific time to file your defence. Unless granted an extension it is 33 days from date of claim. That was yesterday or today by my calculation.
        It would be today as per this site: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/date...&am=&aw=&ad=33

I would suggest filing a generic defence a.s.a.p. based around not having obtained any documents, you will find examples here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FILE IT TO STOP THEM REQUESTING DEFAULT JUDGMENT.

A defence can be filed even after the 33 day deadline as long as the claimants haven't requested default judgment. :thumb:

Comment

Amazing guidance and help as ever guys. Really appreciate it.

Defence written and emailed to court with a hard copy being sent recorded delivery in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieranzxt View Post
            Amazing guidance and help as ever guys. Really appreciate it.

Defence written and emailed to court with a hard copy being sent recorded delivery in the morning.

Well done! :clap2: Do keep up posted. :typing:

Comment

Received a N149B today, notice of proposed allocation to the fast track, along with a N181 questionnaire.

Still not received anything from Claiments.

Any advice for filling the questionnaire in?

Comment

Just bumping this, I'm struggling a bit filling in the Directions Questionaire (N181).

Should I attempt to settle the claim, bearing in mind I have asked for details of the claim but have received nothing from the claimant or their solicitor? Or is that my reason for 'No'

What sections should I actually fill in? It's quite a confusing document. Any sample papers anywhere?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Ok. To update this.

The case has been assigned to my local court.

I have received a reply from the claimants solicitors with a signed copy of the original credit agreement.

The list of payments shows the last payment to the account (£1) was on the 16/9/2009.

I guess I'm pretty screwed now, unless the statuate barred defence is applicable?

Comment

Ok. To update this.

The case has been assigned to my local court.

I have received a reply from the claimants solicitors with a signed copy of the original credit agreement.

The list of payments shows the last payment to the account (£1) was on the 16/9/2009.

I guess I'm pretty screwed now, unless the statuate barred defence is applicable?
                    Hi,

On what date exactly was the claim issued?
                    Did you make that £ 1 payment?
                    OR did you send a CCA request to anyone back in 2009?

nem

Comment

I made the £1 payment in 2009 and the claim was issued to the Nothampton County court on the 15th June 2015.

Comment

I made the £1 payment in 2009 and the claim was issued to the Nothampton County court on the 15th June 2015.
                        That's a great shame wipes out a Statute Barred defence.
                        This was just an arranged minimum payment?

nem

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                            OK

nem

Comment

I guess I'm out of defence!

What's the best course of action now? Just wait for the court date?

Is it worth speaking to a solicitor about representation?

Comment

I guess I'm out of defence!

What's the best course of action now? Just wait for the court date?

Is it worth speaking to a solicitor about representation?
                                Going to take a read through to see there's anything to use.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Kieran,
                                What response has been received from the CCA and CPR requests please.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X