• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help part 36 offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help part 36 offer

Hi I'm
    Last edited by Sarah g; 26th June 2015, 22:14:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Help part 36 offer

It really depends on the merits of your case and only your solicitor can tell you that. P36 offers are a tactical move to pressure you in to settling - is the p36 offer one which you would be happy to accept? If you reject, go to trial, and the outcome is worse than the other side's offer, you'll pay a heck of a lot more in costs. I'm guessing the value of the claim is >£10k then?

Comment

Hi thank you for your reply,my solicitor suggested that my case was pretty strong so I don't understand the pressure all of a sudden, the offer was for 5k so I'm thinking of asking them to better their offer,if I do that can I ask them to make a Better offer or do I have to put a figure forward,thanks for your help I do appreciate it

Comment

As Dan said, it is a tactical move by the other side, it isn't your solicitors fault.

If you don't think it is sufficient, and your solicitor should be able to advise on this (but she is right to say that it must be your decision whether to accept) then she would normally make a counter offer, also under Part 36.

It would have to be a specified sum.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_1207 View Post
          It really depends on the merits of your case and only your solicitor can tell you that. P36 offers are a tactical move to pressure you in to settling - is the p36 offer one which you would be happy to accept? If you reject, go to trial, and the outcome is worse than the other side's offer, you'll pay a heck of a lot more in costs. I'm guessing the value of the claim is >£10k then?
          If it was a personal injury claim (as this is posted under that section of the forum), where damages are between £1,000 and £15,000, it would go to fast track.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X