• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enquiry on behalf of my daughter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquiry on behalf of my daughter

I hope someone can shed some light on this enquiry please. I'll just explain the situation : My daughter lives in a rented house which belongs to a Housing Association. She used to rent it out with her last partner who has now left but the details are in his name, not my daughter's. She has got into arrears as she is a single mother supporting her 9 year old son. She is worried that she will me evicted and made homeless as I think from what I gather that is likely to happen. What advice is there for her in this situation? she won't be able to rent anywhere else as nobody will rent out to her with her credit history. What can she do? thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Enquiry on behalf of my daughter

Just giving this a bump for you. I am sure someone will take a look when they get moment.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Contact the HA and ask what they can do for her. A possession notice can be served on ex, and the bailiff will have the power to remove all occupants (ie, your daughter).

Comment

Contact the local authority as well, they will have a statutory duty to at least assist and probably house - even though it may be in a shitty B&B

Comment

The house she is renting out at the moment (Housing Association) have given her until the end of this month (July) to move out. The house was in her ex-partner's name and they won't put my daughter's name on the agreement. She has been to see the council and is also looking at private renting. Will the council be able to find her somewhere to live at such short notice?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X