• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sky - Phone Calls We Haven't Made!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky - Phone Calls We Haven't Made!

Hi Guys,

I'm writing for a little bit of advice regarding a recent Sky bill my mother has received. My mum subscribes to Sky TV, Broadband and Sky Talk. She has a contract with vodafone, so the Sky Talk at her home is never used!

Despite this, her most recent bill shows £31+ worth of call charges. Almost £20 of these are to the "Speaking Clock", number 123. The rest, £11, are to very suspicious looking numbers that neither me or my mother recognise. All of these numbers are very similar e.g. 01512111811, 01512112111, 01512112112, 01512112115 etc.

I spoke to Sky regarding these calls the other day who informed me they would be looked at. Today I have received a text informing me the charges will not be refunded! I really am disgusted in sky's response and neglect of what appears to be an underlying issue with their phone line! I'm also concerned there will be similar charges on my next bill!

Anyone had a similar situation or any advice on to how to get these charges wiped off? My mother is on incapacity benefit and really does not have money to throwing away on what appear to be fraudlent phone calks!

Thanks

Chris
    Tags: None

Re: Sky - Phone Calls We Haven't Made!

I work in billing for a mobile company, normally what happens with billing is, the company take the details directly from the number to see what calls have been made, and then charge as applicable.

I am not sure how a landline registers calls made, with a mobile its from the SIM card and if the calls have been dialled the calls are chargable. from what you have written, Sky have done a network investigation and they have found these numbers to have been dialled.

from the amount of the bill, there must have been a few calls made! How long were these calls on average?

Comment

The numbers could be someone sitting on the phone. Where is the phone kept?

Is there a youngster around that could be playing with the phone? (My 18 month granddaughter managed to phone me in France from her mothers phone).

Comment

0151 is a Liverpool area code.

nem

Comment

I have heard cases of engineers to telephone cabinets dial 123 to test if the line works. They're not supposed to but they have done it. The other numbers may be a result from that

Have any engineers done any work on the cabinet? Perhaps they were doing work on a neighbouring line, and did their test on yours to see if their work didn't affect yours.

It'd certainly explain why there are calls being made from your line

Dates and times of these calls could be important

Comment

if the OP can provide us with the call date (start of the dispute) than I will put the feelers out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X