• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swansea directors of PPI and credit card debt ‘help’ company banned for 26 years – Pr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansea directors of PPI and credit card debt ‘help’ company banned for 26 years – Pr

Three Swansea-based directors of Consortium Technology Ltd (Consortium), a company that misled the public into paying £ 12 million for services to reduce credit card debt or recover payment protection insurance (PPI), have been disqualified as directors for a combined 26 years. Source: Swansea directors of PPI and credit card debt ‘help’ company banned for... Read more »
    Read More -> Swansea directors of PPI and credit card debt ‘help’ company banned for 26 years – Press releases – GOV.UK

More...

Amrinder Patwal (32), Nicholas Stephen Harle (39) and Victoria Ruth Skivington (28) were found to have caused or allowed Consortium to mislead the public and were disqualified from acting in the capacity as directors.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 15th June 2015, 15:53:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Swansea directors of PPI and credit card debt ‘help’ company banned for 26 years

''As a result Consortium was unable to keep these promises in any of the 2,264 claims identified by the Insolvency Service during its investigation. ''

successful then.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Swansea directors of PPI and credit card debt ‘help’ company banned for 26 years

Excellent. I wonder if M had anything to do with it? I'll ask.

Comment

For background, and because it's a good bit by Xray, especially the 'spineless' bit at the end....
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

' been disqualified as directors'

But maybe not being involved in a company in other ways ?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            Excellent. I wonder if M had anything to do with it? I'll ask.
            Yes!

Harle's still working apparently. The liquidators have recovered £3m so far though.

Comment

Wonder what he's up to now, I did notice earlier that Princess House, Swansea has a EHIC ''third party'' website registered to them.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by The Insolvency Service
                Case details for ARMINDER SINGH PATWAL

Name: ARMINDER SINGH PATWAL

Name: Consortium Technology Limited

Date of Birth: 1982-10-01 00:00:00.000

Date Order Starts: 2015-05-29 00:00:00.000

Disqualification Length: 12 Years 0 Month(s)

CRO Number: 06860205

Last Known Address: 1 Heol Y Garreg Wen, , , , West Cross, SA3 5RR

Conduct: Amrinder Singh Patwal (“Mr Patwal”), as a registered director of Consortium Technology Limited (“Consortium”), from at least 30 July 2010 to 31 October 2011, then subsequently acting in the capacity of a director until the date of liquidation on 14 November 2012, caused Consortium to mislead the public by making inaccurate statements and omissions in sales calls and emails to members of the public, as a consequence of which they were induced to enter into contracts and pay for services they did not receive. In particular:
                • Consortium obtained customers by cold-calling members of the public and offering two types of services, one of which was the challenging of credit agreements for any non-compliances with the Consumer Credit Act or any errors in drawing up the agreement which could potentially render the agreement unenforceable.

• Consortium charged customers an upfront fee, stated as £495 plus 10% of any outstanding liability to be challenged plus VAT. Customers’ details were then passed onto third parties. • From at least 30 July 2010 to 14 November 2012, amongst other things, it made the following misrepresentations to potential customers:
                i. The outstanding balance on credit cards could be significantly reduced or wiped clean by challenging the enforceability of the liability.
                ii. That upfront fees would be refunded in full either if the claim failed or when an agreement was declared unenforceable;
                iii. That upfront fees should be paid with customers’ credit cards since this upfront fee would be repaid in the case of a successful claim.

• From at least 30 July 2010 to 14 November 2012, amongst other things, it omitted to tell potential customers the following information:
                i. That the initial process of 60-90 days related only to the initial vetting process and that the actual time for the whole process maybe considerably longer;
                ii. That the consumer’s details would be passed to a third party who would carry out the claims handling, or that a further fee may be payable to the third party;

• As a result of the misrepresentations and omissions the Ministry of Justice (“MoJ”) began receiving complaints in 2010 about Consortium’s trading practices from consumers.

Between 30 July 2010 and 14 November 2012, inclusive, the MoJ received a total of 436 complaints from customers of Consortium. Between 15 November 2012 and 03 September 2013 the MoJ received a further 123 complaints.

• As a result of the misrepresentations and omissions concerns were raised with Swansea Trading Standards (“TS”) in 2010 and an investigation was commenced. Between 01 November 2011 and 21 September 2012, TS received 161 complaints about Consortium’s trading practices. On 31 August 2012, proceedings were issued seeking an Enforcement Order for Community Infringements. On 21 December 2012, an Order was made against me and Consortium detailing 16 restrictions imposed by the Court.

• Consortium had a chargeback procedure with its merchant service provider, between 19 April 2011 and 14 November 2012. The merchant service provider effected 1,612 chargebacks to customers of Consortium. At the date of liquidation liabilities to Consortium’s merchant service provider totalled £2,096,307.

• Annual accounts and bank statements show that between the date of incorporation on 26 March 2009 and the date of liquidation on 14 November 2012 Consortium’s total turnover was £12,532,581. • The Liquidator has received claims from 2,264 customers of Consortium, which totalled £842,345.

This information is correct as at 2015-06-04 00:00:00.000
                Attached same ( well very similar) for Victoria and Nicholas.
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Between 30 July 2010 and 14 November 2012, inclusive, the MoJ received a total of 436 complaints from customers of Consortium. Between 15 November 2012 and 03 September 2013 the MoJ received a further 123 complaints.
                  Jeez and what did MOJ do about all the complaints? Nothing apparently. Consortium voluntarily surrendered their authorisation on 14/11/2012.

Comment

Utterly useless
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X