• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

exemption from the data protection act under section 29 of that act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exemption from the data protection act under section 29 of that act

hello from frank smith can anybody advise me on the reply i received from the head of the Manchester business rates unit refusing a statuary rights request for information of the foundation of liability orders that led me to become bankrupt and lose my house.the reply reads- i have considered whether disclosing the personal information you have requested will prejudice the collection of business rates.the area lies in the effort required to collect the dept .i am conscious that the council may become involved in further effort to appose court action you may choose to take.i am also aware that the court has granted a possession order in respect of your property . i do consider there to be a substantial chance of noticeably damaging of collection of tax/duty in this instance and therefore will not supply the information requested.the council claims an exemption from the data protection act under section 29 of that act yours sincerely slap happy maker of liability orders. ???
    Tags: None

Re: exemption from the data protection act under section 29 of that act

this interests me

refusing a statuary rights request for information of the foundation of liability orders that led me to become bankrupt and lose my house.the reply reads
    exactly what did you ask for, i also have been through that process, and am quite good at using FOI/DPA to get info out of councils

.the area lies in the effort required to collect the dept
    was you asking them what procedures they had followed prior to considering bankruptcy action. I have fought withe the FOI over these at other councils.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

How was the request for information made, Subject Access Request of FOI?

Comment

If there is anything which is relevant to the defence of your case you could request it under CPR i would think.

Comment

Thanks for asking my request read i request information of the details of why Manchester city council business rates unit thought i was liable for the rates reference numberxxxxxxxxxxxdatexxxx i would like you to provide me with the details of what the liability orders were based upon ie the case file

Comment

Thanks for your question the request was made subject access Request data protection act for personal information

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion CPR dose that stand for councils prize rip off i no longer have a defense or a house for that matter i plan an attack for damages

Comment

Originally posted by frank smith View Post
                Thanks for your suggestion CPR dose that stand for councils prize rip off i no longer have a defense or a house for that matter i plan an attack for damages
                No it stands for civil procedure rules. They guide the way parties behave during proceedings, among other things they ensure that parties are enabled to demand access to documentation that the other side may possess which is relavant to their action. If you plan a civil action you need to educate yourself on these.

Comment

Thanks for your question the request was made subject access Request data protection act for personal information
                  Hello Frank,

The SAR is just for data relating you and you alone, and document that mention any other person and contains their " personal " data cannot be provided to you.

If you decide on any form of action and need advice/help with CPR or other court procedures please come back here and you will get all the help you need from the Beagles members.

nem

Comment

I don't think the CPR disclosure provisions will assist at this stage, the proceedings appear to have been concluded.

Comment

Thanks for asking my request read i request information of the details of why Manchester city council business rates unit thought i was liable for the rates reference numberxxxxxxxxxxxdatexxxx i would like you to provide me with the details of what the liability orders were based upon ie the case file
                      hi frank. exactly what was the wording, both on the request and response..... the wording is important. I will tell you how to challenge it, and get your accounts There are a number of steps they supposed to take before applying for a LO, including validating its still chargeable

I have been in your position, bankrupted by a council over council tax, if you put down details, i will help were i can.

Firslty, details of the bankruptcy, creditors and asset in the property.

Then Who is trustee, and who picked the trusteee

Then, full details of the CT and business rates they charged
                      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Thanks for your response forgive me i knew what CPR stands for just a bit angry at the moment.

Comment

Thanks for your response forgive me i knew what CPR stands for just a bit angry at the moment.
                          I for one got that!

Comment

Thanks for your response i have an annulment hearing in the morning at 10 30 a trying to get the judge to look behind the liability orders in order to do this i have to prove that there was a miscarriage of justice .i have been advised to withdraw because i represent my selfno choise .looking for the CPR RULE that applied 2010 to the right to the evidence against me and a hearing which i was denied can anybody help

Comment

I think this is what you are looking for, the Civil Procedure Rules 1998, can't keep my eyes open long enough to look at them for you. Good luck tomorrow.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1.../contents/made

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X