• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander Everyday Current Account Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santander Everyday Current Account Issue

I opened a basic account with Satans in 2007 after encountering financial difficulties in which I kept in credit, no charges or any costs incurred.

During the last couple of years I was continuously asked if I had ever thought about up-grading to a Current Account by my local branch in which when I said yes it was declined due to my credit score. Anyway just before last christmas I was again asked during a further visit to my branch and was told that to apply in the next couple of months as my rateing had improved in which I did.

I was successful with the up-grade, received a debit card and cheque book but I kept the basic account open in which I still use for all my direct debits and standing orders. I also refused to accept a minimal overdraft facility in which I did not want.

Over the weekend I applied on-line for a replacement cheque book in which was declined so I contacted Satans via a secured message for the reasons why. The reply today advised me to either phone customer services or speak to someone at my local branch. I decided to phone customer services who confirmed that I would not receive another cheque book due to the fact that my banking scoring was not sufficient and that it was due to the amount of my regular monthly income ?

I then was transferred to customer complaints who again reiterated what I was previously told and could not disclose any further details as to the reasons why ? I found the complaints managers attitude rather condescending after myself explaining that I had never been overdrawn or incurred any charges in 8 years with them, I have always had a regular monthly income albeit approx £2,000+ net and a current balance of nearly £6,000 over the two accounts

Now without sounding nieve, is this common banking practice at the moment that exemplary accounts are now being penalised on the basis of your monthly / annual earnings ? I could understand if the account was in a mess and seems that this maybe my problem. Will it be my debit card next ?

rant over and any enlightenment would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X